Sonic Electronix

$**t almost caught on fire! f***ing confused~!!!!

okay my subs are dual 4's have 2 of em. they are lvl3 12 dc's. i had everything wired up but only had one coil hooked up fixed that. i have the 2 pos leads coming from the subs (wired in parallel btw) to a wire nut (the thing that you twist that holds the wires together.) and then i have 1 run of pos coming from that nut (so 3 wires total 12 gauge btw) and that goes to the terminal, same goes for neg. then from the terminal i ran 8 gauge wire to the amp. 2 leads only to get a 1 ohm load. everything was slapping HARD then as soon as i pop open my trunk i just see smoke everywhere im like OH SHIT and turn off the car. i smell the port and it didnt smell like voice coil. it just smelled burnt. btw this was about 40 seconds of bumping. so i take out one sub to find this..

IMG_0373.jpg

and the subs werent even warm at all. i put my hand on the dust caps not even room temperture.. that wire nut was just melted... weird thing is i hooked up my dmm and it still read 1 ohm LOL. im fucking confused i keep running into problems and it makes me want to quit car audio. i just eh im pissed lol. heres a pic of the box for who ever wants to see.

IMG_0374.jpg

what im thinking is just fuck it and run a long wire thru the port and out to the amp. even though it may look like crap it would prob work

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

and the neg is still fine. it was just the pos..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

just a fail nut???

i dont even know what to say lol. wtf caused that????

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

what else am i supposed to use?

1j1450.png

maybe too much current from the amp to the nut from the nut to your 12g should of used 8g

I actually had a costumer come to me the other day with his treo wired. With 12g to his crunch pz1100 and he said it wasn't playing I opened it up and the wire was burnt after the terminal so I figure its just the wire

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

so youre saying use 12 gauge from the amp too?

1j1450.png

solder and heatshrink?

dunno how to soldier. scared too lol

1j1450.png

Archived