08 Envoy Denali 18" AA SMD Build Log (150 db @ 39 hz)

Haha Kaimana I dunno what I want to do next. I was thinking another 4500 but for that I'll probably need another alt and a few more batteries. Would strap them 4 ohms daily and 1 ohm for comps. Then after seeing that 200.4 I was like fuck now I'm going to need to buy that and get 3 more sets of the XS comps. Plus on top of that I want the car to look good too so I need rims, drop it or bag it, new grill, etc etc etc. Money pit go!

Grats on Super Mod btw

Haha Kaimana I dunno what I want to do next. I was thinking another 4500 but for that I'll probably need another alt and a few more batteries. Would strap them 4 ohms daily and 1 ohm for comps. Then after seeing that 200.4 I was like fuck now I'm going to need to buy that and get 3 more sets of the XS comps. Plus on top of that I want the car to look good too so I need rims, drop it or bag it, new grill, etc etc etc. Money pit go!

Grats on Super Mod btw

I would work on the LOOKS of the car now.... Sounds like your plenty happy with how it sounds! And the sub still needs a lot more play time to get broken in, In turn should be a lil louder down the road.

Get those rims and that LOOK you want then when cash is on hand UPGRADE!!!

Oh and MAHALOS

~Kaimana

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Yea Kaimana that's probably what I'm going to do, because just fitting this equipment was hard enough, going to have to completely change it up if I want to add another 4500.

Did a little googling and couldn't find any good pics of Trailvoys on 26's, but this one I found looks kind of dumb

26inch.jpg

Maybe on a Yukon it would fit perfectly, but I think I'll stick to 24's. Now to save up and find ones that look good.

Denali is introduced

In 2005, a Denali luxury version of the Envoy became available. Both the standard-length wheelbase Envoy as well as the Envoy XL are available with the Denali trim option. The Envoy Denali features the hallmark bullet pattern grille and an upgraded interior with luxury car-like features such as heated power seats, extensive woodgrain trim, and rain-sensing windshield wipers. It also featured the GM Vortec5.3 Liter V8 engine with "Displacement on Demand," shutting off four of the eight cylinders when workload was minimal. Prices for the Envoy Denali ranged from US$37,145 to $42,750; prices for the Envoy XL Denali ranged from $38,575 to $43,895.

[edit] Other changes

Seating was restyled in hopes to increase comfort and quality of control of driving position. Additionally, a touch DVD navigation system was offered as an option. The option of side airbags evolved from previously just front-seat side curtain airbags to full-length side curtain airbags, covering both rows of seats (in the XL model, all three rows).

So I guess (depending on what yours is coming with) it's the engine, heated power seats, wood grain, windshield wipers, and maybe the dvd player. Mine has self leveling rear shocks, dunno if the other models have it.

Sweet build

Alpine CDA 9886 HU

Alpine ERE-G180 Crossover

4 12' kicker Solobaric L7s

KS 3.5 tweets up front

Kicker KS 6.5s by the back seat

KS 6x9s in the rear

Sealed Box

Hifonics Brutus 2600(for now)

Hifonics Zeus 740

Optima Red Top

2 Optima Yellow Tops

• 2 weeks later...

So some small updates that will probably go virtually un noticed.

Clamped my amp friday night at about 3100 watts (clipping). My rise is pretty high, starting with a D2 sub (1.35ish per coil) so around .7 ohms to start with, sitting at 3.3 after rise. O-scoped the amp today and got it clean on a -9 db sine wave and then clamped it at 2400 watts clean.

Ended up hitting a 147.0 today, .2 above my previous best.

Edit: Oh and this was at 39hz.

Archived