Sundown Audio

more dmm tuning... ugh

Integra_boomer

I know you guys get tired of these q's about tuning but I really want to know the best way to do it. I have a 15" CVX on a 1500.1 and il b tuning it with a dmm. the thing is i have so many settings on my hu that raise the voltage and people have told me to set everything to zero and then adjust the gain on the amp. okay so say i do set the amps gain for ex to 44V, but what about the hu? do i just not touch anything on it since the gain is set on the amp or what?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

im confused on this too... it says turn all bass boost and everything on hu to 0 then after setting gain set it to your liking? i just left them at 0 and put the bass boost 3/4 up

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

That gets me too, because if I set the gain with the HU all at 0 when I start using the EQ am I not boosting the signal to it?

ya it does and im wondering exactly how i should do this shit cuz things like bass boost raise the voltage to and i have that on the amp and hu. i also have a sub-command which turns the sub pre-out signal down or up.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

well its on my bass knob and when i do demos i like to use it to surprise people

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

BASS BOOST = BAD! :No:

aight so that eliminates some things lol. so have my bass boost on the amp and hu on 0 ig?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

yeah my bad i meant bass knob i thought they were kinda the same thing?

1j1450.png

Okay, from what I've heard, YOU NEVER USE BASS BOOST! Bass knobs that are basically volume controlls are fine, but bass boost is a no no...

ya on mine the bass knob turns the gain up or down, a volume basically like u said b/c if my amp is set to half gain u can turn the bass knob all the way up but it wont go past what u have it set at.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Archived