Sonic Electronix

2 Fi BL's running on 1 Amp

Whats up guys,

So I'm new to this forum but I'm pretty familar with amps / subs. I'm not like SMD pro, but I'm not like Sony Sub noob. But anyways, so I am probably going to buy a 2004 Honda Civic soon, and I love bass. My friend has 2 15" running 2.6k. It slaps, but anyways, I was looking into purchasing 2 15" Fi BL's with:

OHM: Dual 2

Hyper Pole: No

Cooling: No

Flatwind: No

Daily or SPL: Daily

Universal: No

That's how both 15" BL's are gonna be set-up. They are both going to be powered on a Soundstream TX12600D amplifier. And this one guy I was talking to said to make 2 separate boxes. He said each PORTED box needs to be: 3 cubic feet. tuned to 33HZ, pros will know if you dont know what thats all about. So, hopefully you guys are pros and can confirm this is a good idea, instead of making 1 box. HOPEFULLY this system will slap then any other 15" that I've heard because I know Fi Subs are just... Wow. Haha. But yeah, can you guys confirm if this is a fine set-up? If not, or disagree, please feel free to correct and information that you disagree with. Thanks!

-Jin

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Whats up guys,

So I'm new to this forum but I'm pretty familar with amps / subs. I'm not like SMD pro, but I'm not like Sony Sub noob. But anyways, so I am probably going to buy a 2004 Honda Civic soon, and I love bass. My friend has 2 15" running 2.6k. It slaps, but anyways, I was looking into purchasing 2 15" Fi BL's with:

OHM: Dual 2

Hyper Pole: No

Cooling: No

Flatwind: No

Daily or SPL: Daily

Universal: No

That's how both 15" BL's are gonna be set-up. They are both going to be powered on a Soundstream TX12600D amplifier. And this one guy I was talking to said to make 2 separate boxes. He said each PORTED box needs to be: 3 cubic feet. tuned to 33HZ, pros will know if you dont know what thats all about. So, hopefully you guys are pros and can confirm this is a good idea, instead of making 1 box. HOPEFULLY this system will slap then any other 15" that I've heard because I know Fi Subs are just... Wow. Haha. But yeah, can you guys confirm if this is a fine set-up? If not, or disagree, please feel free to correct and information that you disagree with. Thanks!

-Jin

Running 1.3k watts on a 1k rated Fi thats not fully loaded is not a good idea from someone who doesn't have too much experience. If you want to run 1.3k get it fully loaded. Hyper Pole Yes, cooling, yes, flat wind yes. Why 2 seperate boxes? You cna make just one. People on here will design you one. And i hope youre not going to run stock elec. You'll need big 3, new alt, and another bat.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Running 1.3k watts on a 1k rated Fi thats not fully loaded is not a good idea from someone who doesn't have too much experience. If you want to run 1.3k get it fully loaded. Hyper Pole Yes, cooling, yes, flat wind yes. Why 2 seperate boxes? You cna make just one. People on here will design you one. And i hope youre not going to run stock elec. You'll need big 3, new alt, and another bat.

Ahh! I need more stuff too! Damn. I thought all this stuff was expensive for a first system... Haha, but anyways, so, I also need alternators? And what does bat. stand for? I was just hoping to just get the amp and the subs and I was done. Haha, man I got alot to learn then actually. Well anyways, so the two subs fully stocked = around 750$ ? If I am correct. The amp = 500$ ? How much would these alternators cost?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

depends on the company. build one box, tune in the 30 to 35 range. i think the guy u were talking to is a "pro noob" he thinks he knows what he is doing but doesn't. and i say that one box should be about 7 to 8.5 cubes (for both)

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

depends on the company. build one box, tune in the 30 to 35 range. i think the guy u were talking to is a "pro noob" he thinks he knows what he is doing but doesn't

Yeah, I guess. But so, is everything else fine? Or should I get it fully stocked, and then get ALTERNATORS. Gosh :/. Cause it's already going to come out to like more then 1,000$

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

well lets put it like this. yes fully loaded with an alternator and battery. you do that to prevent voltage drop. cuz if u have voltage drop your amp starts clipping sooner cuz it cant consume the amperage it needs so u start to burn up the subs and at the same time it burns up the power supply on your amp. so how many times do u wanna buy your subs and amp? do it right one time and have peace of mind.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

nobody said this is a cheap hobby. its not apm subs and done. if your gonna go loud u have to have the power to back it up

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

well lets put it like this. yes fully loaded with an alternator and battery. you do that to prevent voltage drop. cuz if u have voltage drop your amp starts clipping sooner cuz it cant consume the amperage it needs so u start to burn up the subs and at the same time it burns up the power supply on your amp. so how many times do u wanna buy your subs and amp? do it right one time and have peace of mind.

Okay. Do you know a company that has good cheap alternators? Cause like I said, all I'm using is the 15's and yeah. Haha

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

iraggi, dc power, they both have sections in this forum. i personally have an iraggi. they were cheaper. with all that bass u really should think about upgrading your mids and highs and amp them so u can hear the words too.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

Okay. Do you know a company that has good cheap alternators? Cause like I said, all I'm using is the 15's and yeah. Haha

You see, you dont find good and cheap

Your either going to get cheap, and not built well or Expencive with great quality.

I would go with DC/Iraggi for your Alternator. Have fun!

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Archived