Okay, so I've driven 2 different chevrolet impalas in my life time.

One was a 2001 that was loaded, had the 3800 engine. "We" (my parents) bought it new. I was only 9 or 10 at the time, but my parents let me drive it at night on a lonely straight road (somewhere in Illinois) by our house..with them sitting in the passenger seat. Even then, I had quite the lead foot... and I remember doing some fairly decent burnouts in it.. no brake stands or anything :D my mom didn't like it, but she let me do it (thanks mom :) ) sadly in 2001 or 2002 it got repo'ed (we bought in '00 I believe or very early '01..but I think '00) as my dad stopped making payments because we just up and left him and moved back here to where we are now.. I loved that car and miss it dearly :P

Currently I'm in possession of a 2003 .. or 2005.. not sure which, the "owners" said it was a 2003 but it has a 2005 owner's manual in it, I guess I could just look on the door but I CBA atm rofl. It has the same engine.. 91k miles and it can still spin the tires nicely :D

So, I have a small question.. I have a 96 sable which I guess has a slightly smaller engine, but still 200 hp and 200 ft-lbf (which I believe the impala has like 200hp/230 (?) ft-lbf.. so why can I easily get the tires to spin for me in the impalas.. but it's almost impossible (even with bald tires) to get the tires in the sable to do much of anything ..

Yes, I doubt they weigh the same.. but that can't matter THAT much, and the impalas are newer, but the sable only has 75k miles (I first tried when it had 54k) and before we bought it, an old couple had it (seriously - not just a selling trick)

Anybody? Enlighten me..?

Why spin the tires at all? If you want to do burnouts get a rear wheel drive car. :facepalm:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Well mate it has to do with the Transmission... sure you can have two cars with pretty much the same HP at the tires but to spin the tires its all about the amount of torque you have going to your tires

Also GM Good Ford Bad !!! :D :D :D

Also it has to do with the power bands that fords have they have less power stock at idle then Gm's do its their way of stating that they are more fuel economic. But yeah i wouldn't own a sable if it was givin to me... They are junk... Go sell it and buy another impala.

Edited by NoCoastCustoms

okay

Oh, cmon! "Okay" ???? What?! It's "cool story bro" fuck! Were you born yesterday?

COOL STORY BRAH

There we go! Good job, you get a sticker little boy, pick any sticker from one of the sticker books in the teacher's desk.

Well mate it has to do with the Transmission... sure you can have two cars with pretty much the same HP at the tires but to spin the tires its all about the amount of torque you have going to your tires

Right.. go on..?

Edited by somerandomguy