Second Skin Audio

need help designing a box

vr6bass

hey I got some vintage 2way coaxial 12"s I want to build a tower for and put them in my room. I have the specs I need to build the box too but I'm not sure about the dimensions.

the box is recommended to be 2.5cuft tuned to 35hz.the port is recommended to be 6.6sq inches with a length of 3.9 inches.

heres a lot of info and specs.

http://archives.tele...o-12B%20EDS.pdf

I kinda want the box to look like thisPicture129.jpg

only less deep and more tall.

I have a box calculator but I dont know how to enter in the port data to be the specs I want it to make a cutsheet.

sig.jpg

jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz

rockford fosgate t1500bd

well according to the pdf you provided those wont hit 40hz even, they are more of a full range speaker

I was very suprised at the output freeaired. they hit low notes no problem but I want to hear it in a box because it will probably be twice as loud. I'm just stumped on how to build the port to the pdf's specs. I put the demensions I thought would work in my room in and came out tuned to 35hz with 4 cu ft. but I guess that will have to do, because I'm a noob at building boxes and I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark with building this thing.

sig.jpg

jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz

rockford fosgate t1500bd

they arent going to sound good at all in a 35hz ported box imo, that frequency range just isnt there, its a woofer not a subwoofer...

just because it played it doesnt mean its meant for it...my comps play 30hz doesnt mean they are subwoofers

Archived