And it starts...

So my CD3200 shipped. I bought it on Amazon used for $150. Its supposed to be in "like new" condition, but we'll see when it comes in. I don't know if its the deal of the century (honestly doubt it) but people on here love their Eclipse head units, and they seem to last forever so...

Either way, I couldn't find another HU with the features I wanted for a price anywhere near this. Had I not gotten this, I probably would have given up Bluetooth and gotten the Alpine unit with no CD player.

Eventually (probably sometime in a year or two) I'll upgrade to a double din screen, but again, to get all the features and decent quality, I'm looking at decks that cost over six or seven hundred bucks.

I'm going to be tossing an Audiopipe AP15001d behind that and turning the gain down a bit for some Type R 12s (EDIT 6/29--DD3212/DDM1a). We'll see where it goes from there, but I doubt I'll be anywhere near finished.

Feedback?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

So beside the fact that I've changed the equipment that's going behind the HU, I have a problem.

I got the CD3200 in the mail today and I have the correct chassis but the faceplate is for a 7200mkII. I shot an email to the dude asking what he wants me to do because I doubt the faceplate is going to actually work on a different radio? It physically fits onto it, but they are two different models. Seems to me a) it would act as a theft deterrent and 2) being that they have different feature sets, they would be incompatible.

So yeah. Any ideas folks?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Personally,the bluetooth on this deck just plain sucks.People complain all the time about the "echo",and the delay when you talk.No adjustments..built in mic...yeah.Idk about the 7200 face...it may work,but if it is indeed a 3200 deck,then i doubt you'll get all the features of the 7200 ,specially since the 7200 is a "dead head",and the 3200 isn't.Idk g/l

Archived