Second Skin Audio

Is My Port Too Small?

unless you plan on a wall or losing your back seat i cant really see you fitting 2-15s in the trunk of that car... Not saying your stupid but i dont think your an experienced builder and capable of making it work.. Now with the money situation you could save a lil and go with 1-15in lvl 4 or maybe just 1-15in lvl 5.. will save you money and stress... Mind you that gp3000d will still slam the hell out of 1-15in lvl 4 or lvl 5....

Oh and if you would like you can look at my build thread and see the hell it takes to fit 2-12in lvl 5s in a trunk with batts and all.. its not fun.. So again i say one sub one amp..

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

I think LVL4 are too much for that car. Plus powering them are gonna cost. Not just amp. Alternator and batteries. So now to power a single LV4 $450 amp, $200 battery, and $300 alternator. Did I forget to add the price of the sub?

LVL 4 would be just fine.. more or less ive got 2 batteries ATM on stock alternator. im having a local place rebuild it soon. Im hitting a 141.9 on my RF subs.. and when i close my doors and windows crank it up and get out there is NO rattle or flex.. my car is super solid. People underestimate it. lol at my last show i went to several people thought i had my whole car dynamatted.

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Head: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Front Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Rear Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Subs: (1) Audioque HDC3 10" (3.0cu ft) Tuned To 30hz

Sub Amp: Audioque AQ3500D

Wiring: Phoenix Gold 4 gauge & Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker

Electrical: Stock Alt, Stock Battery (Front) & Optima Blue Top (Trunk)

OLD SPL IN CAMRY = 143.5db LEGAL @37hz (6/12/10)

just stick with what you got and build a new box i have more port area for my single 12 than you do for your 2 15's granted its a beefy sub that still should tell you something is wrong there. ill even throw you out a design if your interested.

unless you plan on a wall or losing your back seat i cant really see you fitting 2-15s in the trunk of that car... Not saying your stupid but i dont think your an experienced builder and capable of making it work.. Now with the money situation you could save a lil and go with 1-15in lvl 4 or maybe just 1-15in lvl 5.. will save you money and stress... Mind you that gp3000d will still slam the hell out of 1-15in lvl 4 or lvl 5....

Oh and if you would like you can look at my build thread and see the hell it takes to fit 2-12in lvl 5s in a trunk with batts and all.. its not fun.. So again i say one sub one amp..

Well orange i have 2-15" T1's in the car now.. and my back seat is already gone.. i dont care about that. lol.. im just researching to build a bigger box and its gonna get sealed off from the trunk... and if you look at my picture.. where my box is.. is where my seat was..

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Well orange i have 2-15" T1's in the car now.. and my back seat is already gone.. i dont care about that. lol.. im just researching to build a bigger box and its gonna get sealed off from the trunk... and if you look at my picture.. where my box is.. is where my seat was..

i see but at the same time you have no room for port... maybe go with some 12s if your looking to run 2 subs... or 1-15 just so you have port room ..

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

the build

Youtube channel

This is my box its 2-12in lvl 5s and you can see the port its 8in wide..

2e787ad9.jpg

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

the build

Youtube channel

i see but at the same time you have no room for port... maybe go with some 12s if your looking to run 2 subs... or 1-15 just so you have port room ..

well im still drawing out designs.. but im almost thinking about building a port from the top of the box externally/internally and bring it up through my rear deck and blow it to the front.. but like i said im still crunching numbers and designs.. its possible.. i know it wont be fun tho.. i know that already. But this is a work in progress and im gonna take it one step at a time. Im not a super experienced pro but i know what im doing most of the time.. theres a few areas that im rough on but im working on them.. and thanks to you guys and my local shop im smoothing them out slowly! :drinks:

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Its not the power of the sub. Its the sub to amp match plus the box. Dont waste money on LVL4s when the only way you get the full effect is to wall it off. What you have is fine. Just build a better box. PWKDesigns can help you.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

You don't NEED another battery or alternator for level 4s. You can run as much power to them as you want. There is no such thing as under powering a sub. Being smart about it is what counts.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

This is my box its 2-12in lvl 5s and you can see the port its 8in wide..

2e787ad9.jpg

I actually really like that.... and ur trunk reminds me of mine. but if i went to dc lvl4 12's wouldnt that be quieter than if i went lvl4 15's?

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Archived