Second Skin Audio

Is My Port Too Small?

Yes IF you were able to properly give the 15s enough port.. But since you cant the 12s will be louder because they are getting the port and air space needed.. the 15s would be suffocating...

oh and im not the smartest man here so pls take other ppls post into consideration.

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

those t1's only need about 6 cubes so depending on your dimensions i think you could make it work i would do a slot port down one side instead of the port in the middle just because it does save room for port area and for the subs. if you have some max dimensions for your trunk i could make a design that would work with proper port area around 100in or so

You don't NEED another battery or alternator for level 4s. You can run as much power to them as you want. There is no such thing as under powering a sub. Being smart about it is what counts.

Under power is that kills 45% of most subs. Over power kills about 35%. No break-in kill the rest. And this is on a professional install.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Under power is that kills 45% of most subs. Over power kills about 35%. No break-in kill the rest. And this is on a professional install.

HAHA. Are you serious? Remind me to never take advice from you EVER.

PS- 97.5% of the time, statistics are made up on the spot.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

those t1's only need about 6 cubes so depending on your dimensions i think you could make it work i would do a slot port down one side instead of the port in the middle just because it does save room for port area and for the subs. if you have some max dimensions for your trunk i could make a design that would work with proper port area around 100in or so

Well i could design one as well but i know i only have 15.5" tall MAX 33" Deep MAX & 36 Wide MAX and thats if i were to build a cube box without angling it aroudn my trunk

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Head: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Front Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Rear Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Subs: (1) Audioque HDC3 10" (3.0cu ft) Tuned To 30hz

Sub Amp: Audioque AQ3500D

Wiring: Phoenix Gold 4 gauge & Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker

Electrical: Stock Alt, Stock Battery (Front) & Optima Blue Top (Trunk)

OLD SPL IN CAMRY = 143.5db LEGAL @37hz (6/12/10)

Oh and hamel.. ive been thinking bout making a box with a port down the side.. and selling this one.. but my box i have cost me about $150 to build so im kinda gonna have to wait atm.. my bills are comin due.. maybe in a paycheck or two.. but all i will gain is 3/4" of width.. i MIGHT be able to get another 1 1/2" and SQUEEZE the box into my trunk.. it would be super tight... lol

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

LMFAO so funny you said that.. I make up random ass numbers all the time when i talk to my gf haha...

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

I bet you run Realistic subs or Craig. You can under power them. Not a real sub.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Hey orangecounty. im just curious tho.. what kinda db's you hittin on your two 12" lvl4's ? Im only hittin a 141.9 with my current setup... well before i put a 2nd battery in my trunk.. Im gonna see if that makes a difference this weekend.

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

It works 60% of the time all the time. :D

OP, consider aeroports as it will allow you to save some space in your box. I say consider as you may be louder with the port facing back but you may not have enough room for the length of an aeroport facing back so technically a slot port would be better as it can be bent easier in the box to keep your port facing back and keep tuning.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived