search for speakers

Are you doing SQ or you just want tons of sound? If you want it to sound good to you all you need is 1 good set up front to set up your sound stage.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

I can't speak for those, but I have two sets of the TRC's and they are pretty good (I didn't pay what Sonic lists them for).

He is double posting all over the place.

Im not big on posts im rarly on here. I just spoke about same on two threads.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

I liked the Polk DB 6501's I put in the Mazda. They sounded good and have pretty good power handling. Brian has been pounding on them for more than a year with no problems so far. They sound pretty good for cheaper comp sets. A liittle bit more than the ones you selected though. I have been realy impressed with the MM and Momo series that are in my truck.

My current speakers are:

A-Pillars: 4" MBQ Reference series

Front Doors : 6.5" HCCA prototypes and 1" MBQ tweets

Rear Doors : 6.5" MBQ Reference Coaxials

They sound great IMO, but the MBQ's I have been running since 02. The HCCA's, I would get more of them but I cant get them anymore. Had them for about a year.

Overall I guess I could say I want SQL. I just want a change really, my current speakers keep up with my subs just fine. Putting the 4" in the pillars really did wonders. I also want that wow factor of having so many speakers in the doors. I dont want to go with MBQ's because the are kind of harsh on the ears at high levels. I am open to anything really.

I guess we could say I dont want to spend more than $450. For that price I want at least 8 6.5" and 8 tweets. I would prefer 10 of each but 8 would suffice. Also maybe an 8" in each front door.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Thats gonna be hard to do for that price. At least getting a decent quality speaker for that price. One thing I like about the Polks is the tweeters aren't harsh at all. I used to have an old set of MBQ's and I agree about what your saying. I just wouldnt go too cheap just to get a lot of speakers and sacrifice sound quality. I like it loud but I hate it distorted and sounding like ass.

Any opinions on these Peerless

Actually i would get the 8 ohm version. So if I did 4 8 ohm speakers per channel that would bring me to a 2 ohm load. The speakers are 40w RMS and my amp does 150@2ohms.... So that would work out well. Would it be safe to say that 4 40w speakers per door would get louder than one 100w speaker?

Edited by PUNKYOU007

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

bump

d(-__-)b

Also Sonic Electronix is NOT a authorized internet dealer for Soundstream. That means NO WARRANTY. The only place that is authorized online is onlinecarstereo.com

Not true, we are authorized dealers as well :pardon:

:)