So my head unit took a crap on me the other day

My AVH unit has stopped working. Its not getting any power. I've checked two of the three fuses so far, so I'm not ready to 100% write it off as gone. But in any event I wound up picking up a DEH-7000BT off of craigslist yesterday to replace it and I wanted to know about the Ipod functions on this unit. Can I use my current iPod cable that came with the iPod and plug it into the USB cable in the back of the radio to get it to work? Or will I have to buy the one that Pioneer is pushing?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

So after reviewing my AVH yesterday, I notice that the power wire (yellow wire) was chared right where it was tapped at. I had the power wire tapped so it could also send power to the CD chager, Sirius radio system, and the iPod controller. Now I don't know for sure if the radio is damaged or if I might have damaged the metra kit that I have in the GM. I'm sure I'm going to find out about the GM tonight when I put the new radio in. My question is this, I went to radio shak yesterday and brought two 40amp 12volt relays. I had planned on using one of the relays for the remote wire since I was going to be runninig multiple amps and a computer in the near future. Can I use the second relay on my power wire so it can feed power to all my Pioneer accessories that I had mention above?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Bump cause I really really need the help. :lol:

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Archived