Sonic Electronix

its easy to check with a scope..

hell ive seen a 15db gain on music before.

its actually pretty common.

I tune my cars with the TL mic..lol

keep turning it up till it stops getting louder.

D.U.N

That's good. I'll try that sometime lol.

How big is your port? Small ports can play nice and flat and when in a wall when you open a door or window you usually see a dramatic increase with small ports.

It's about 5.9 in² per cube. It was made small for control and to keep the volumes the same in front and rear chambers. There is a huge increase obviously. 4.1dB

I'm working with Mike Singer to get some sealed gains right now. Since the gain is so big when I open a door, there's more I can do to up the unvented pressure.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

That's good. I'll try that sometime lol.

It's about 5.9 in² per cube. It was made small for control and to keep the volumes the same in front and rear chambers. There is a huge increase obviously. 4.1dB

I'm working with Mike Singer to get some sealed gains right now. Since the gain is so big when I open a door, there's more I can do to up the unvented pressure.

I thought for a wall, you gain more opening a door because of standing waves inside the cabin rather the size of the ports? or im probably off lol.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

I rest my case.. lol open up the port if you wanna see some gains.

Nah lol. A small port is what I needed for this design. The whole intent of this thread was to find out WHY the burp score is lower that music. I'm not unhappy about it.

[email protected]

Port size is crucial. There's some hig spl walls out there that if you open the door they fall on there face because the ports are sooo big which causes the subs to unload faster and not get as loud.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I thought for a wall, you gain more opening a door because of standing waves inside the cabin rather the size of the ports? or im probably off lol.

No, you're right. Pressure will spike in the loaded areas when you vent on the opposite side. That's why you're louder in the kick that the windshield in most cases.

[email protected]

Port size is crucial. There's some hig spl walls out there that if you open the door they fall on there face because the ports are sooo big which causes the subs to unload faster and not get as loud.

Right, but this isn't a burp car. It was designed to play music flat and loud while meeting my tuning goals. Take a look at Frankie Rio's last wall in the Lexus. His port was about the same ratio as mine.

[email protected]

Right, but this isn't a burp car. It was designed to play music flat and loud while meeting my tuning goals. Take a look at Frankie Rio's last wall in the Lexus. His port was about the same ratio as mine.

I know, I was just making a point to Arnold.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I know, I was just making a point to Arnold.

lol i didnt see that..for walls past the b pillar i thought all of them would gain with say windows down due to standing waves no matter the port size? Since larger ports are USUALLY tuned higher, that higher notes have need less length inside the cabin to mature enough to gain a decent spl reading..

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

Archived