Sundown Audio

limiting current to my monoblock

Kinser

Okay.. back with another problem.

after fixing the primary winding short on my amp, it died on me after a week! this time i had it playing pretty loud, amp was hot, in the car was even hotter. summer heat killed my amp, i think.

blew the main fuse, plus two 30A fuses on the amp itself (two out of three).

changed the fuse and as the amp turns on i think it starts oscillating, also my idle drops ALOT when i power it up. this was with a new main fuse and a single 30 amp fuse in the amp. was not playing anything yet the sub puts out a loud tone starting high, at like 200hz dropping rapidly kida like a test tone.

i wanna test the amp at home with a regulated power supply (13.8v @10A) but i don't wanna fry it so can i wire up a head lamp is series with the amp to limit the current?

David

Okay.. back with another problem.

after fixing the primary winding short on my amp, it died on me after a week! this time i had it playing pretty loud, amp was hot, in the car was even hotter. summer heat killed my amp, i think.

blew the main fuse, plus two 30A fuses on the amp itself (two out of three).

changed the fuse and as the amp turns on i think it starts oscillating, also my idle drops ALOT when i power it up. this was with a new main fuse and a single 30 amp fuse in the amp. was not playing anything yet the sub puts out a loud tone starting high, at like 200hz dropping rapidly kida like a test tone.

i wanna test the amp at home with a regulated power supply (13.8v @10A) but i don't wanna fry it so can i wire up a head lamp is series with the amp to limit the current?

David

Yes you can. I saw that on http://www.bcae1.com/

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

sounds like its time to scrap the amplifier... sounds like your just asking for an electrical fire...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i wish i could scrap it and get something else.. but im a soldier and don't have enough funds at the moment to get a new/second hand one =\\

have to make do with what Ive got.. at least my TC 2000 didn't suffer from the fault in the amp :D

like i said... your asking for a fire... if you cant afford to buy a new one, then send it in to be repaired...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

like i said... your asking for a fire... if you cant afford to buy a new one, then send it in to be repaired...

X2 cuz if you cant afford a amp im pretty sure you cant afford a NEW CAR!

Archived