Sundown Audio

power rating @ 1 ohm

oh kay what amp.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

let me ask you this OP, why do you keep making threads asking what power this Nesa amplifier outputs? if you keep wondering, buy the friggin thing and clamp it with an ammeter then tell us.

i'm asking how companies come up with the power rating at 1 ohm know it all

a power source to power the amp, a frequency generator of some sort, an ammeter, volt meter, ohm meter, all sorts of meters. there is no mathematical way really to find what some amp does at 1 ohm if you just have the power level at 4 ohms.

a power source to power the amp, a frequency generator of some sort, an ammeter, volt meter, ohm meter, all sorts of meters. there is no mathematical way really to find what some amp does at 1 ohm if you just have the power level at 4 ohms.

Truf... Unless you buy it, get your actual ohm load to 1-ohm exactly, and clamp it yourself, you can't just plug numbers into a formula... :(

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

1ohm load on the amp. wire the sub(s) to a one ohm resistance level. how many subs do u have and what ohm r the coils? r they dual voice coil? r they single voice coil? from your last post it really seems like u and that amp fit together nicely.

Edited by kleinteich2

an amp's efficiency level drops from 4ohms to 1ohm, so there isn't any mathematical formula you can use to find out its power rating, and then your voicecoils heat up and your impedance rises and it'll make less power. And you never mentioned at what voltage... So try again

sighl.jpg