So a while back firefox had an update. I downloaded it, right after the update firefox comes back with "cannot connect". I spent hours on google and found nothing. I tried everything that I found, including what firefox said to do. Which was to delete it from Windows Firewall list and then re add it.

So after spending so much time on this that I was ready to punch my computer, I just did a system restore.

For the past few days Firefox has been prompting me for an update again...I have ust been ignoring it. Well tonight I decided to download it. Same shit. After the update all I get is Firefox unable to connect. Did the whole firewall shit over and over. Uninstalled FF, reinstalled FF, uninstalled, reinstalled... went so far as to edit thr registry. Still nothing. WTF!! I cant stand to use IE anymore. There are tons of posts on google about this but nothing is working for me.

I have an HP Pavillion Elite Running W7. The only "security" that is currently on the machine is Windows Firewall and Norton Internet Security. Now when I try to open Norton, nothing happens. When I try to uninstall Norton, nothing happens. The cursor does change from a pointer to an arrow going in a cirle...like its doing something. But nothing ever pops up or anything.

Please help. I could just do another system restore but thats no fix.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Had the same problem, i started to use google chrome, its pretty damn fast, just you cant change the skins (that i know of)

yeah... seems to be all good for everyone. It is a known problem though, from everything that I am finding on google. Just not working for me.

I mean I can do a system restore right now and shit will be perfect, just outdated. Everytime I update firefox i get this same shit.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Instead of uninstalling, have you tried to right click and repair Firefox in the install/uninstall control panel? Doing that has helped me on other stuff.

In the last couple days I been getting the update thing too but no problem with mine.

Edited by raolito1980

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

i just have FF crash from time to time nothing else

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

BOSS Audio Onyx NXD4,500.1 (Subs)

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

2 Memphis 6.5 2 ways in the front

2 Kicker 6.5 2 ways in the rear

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Malwarebytes aint find shit. I think it may have something to do with that norton shit. I have never even used it, it just came preinstalled on my machine. Like i said, i cant open it or delete it. Thats sketchy.

d(-__-)b

Malwarebytes aint find shit. I think it may have something to do with that norton shit. I have never even used it, it just came preinstalled on my machine. Like i said, i cant open it or delete it. Thats sketchy.

Norton can be removed for your computer just i havent bother to in so long that i dont remember i did it 2 or 3 times after restoring my computer but then just said whatever and just didnt both any more with it

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

BOSS Audio Onyx NXD4,500.1 (Subs)

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

2 Memphis 6.5 2 ways in the front

2 Kicker 6.5 2 ways in the rear

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Norton can be removed for your computer just i havent bother to in so long that i dont remember i did it 2 or 3 times after restoring my computer but then just said whatever and just didnt both any more with it

I hate removing norton, I use AVG and turned off windows firewall crap.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/