Sonic Electronix

Need A Little Help With Btl Install

Well im in the process of installing a BTL in my 2006 Impala. The build is well complete almost. I thought i was done until i plugged back in the ground for the battery and got two small burps from my setup that lasts like a second each and are a second apart. Does this normally happen? "*first time i installed a whole setup*". For a little more information on the install

Using a stock Head unit

18" btl

pa300db

The remote wire is going to my fuse box into the sunroof fuse holder piggybacked. Could it be i choose a wrong fuse to use.

2006 Impala setupkenwood kdc-x789Pioneer 6.5'skicker 850.4pa a3000db @.351 18" BTL

Yeah..That happens sometimes..When your ground touchs the metal you are fastening it to..Now as far as the Remote wire going to the Fuse box..That kinda Scares me..I have seen lots of Car fires start that way..Best thing to do is find a switched 12v source to hook it to. Solder or use connectors to connect it.. .Naked wires in the fuse box are a car fires best friend!

yeh it scares me too. I was just using that to see if everything was hooked up correctly. It wasnt going to stay like that. Can someone help me figure out which wire can i tap into to get a constant 12v source in a 06 impala. I searched google and stuff but nothing came up for this gen of impala

2006 Impala setupkenwood kdc-x789Pioneer 6.5'skicker 850.4pa a3000db @.351 18" BTL

Archived