Sonic Electronix

Recone 2 15'' Team Rockford Fosgates...

So im gonna recone my subs and I'm wondering if updating the surround would be a good idea. The surround that is currently on them is a foam surround that doesn't allow much excursion. Im thinking of getting a different subs recone kit and putting them together. Thinking like t3 tsns 15 or dc lvl 5 15. Would those go together with the team rf subs? I have a guy here locally that will be doing the recones, thats why im asking the noob questions cause im not doing it. But im thinking of keeping the spiders they have and the 4'' voice coil but wondering about a better cone and surround pretty much. Let me know your thoughts on combining the subs like this. Oh the magnets are like 105lbs each so yea they can handle whatever.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

Any help

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

I have some sick ass aluminum honeycomb cones, they are open for a 3" coil, but could probably open them to a 4" coil. Tall narrow surround, so you have a little more cone area, and the cone is ridgid as all hell, Iam 300lbs, and I can stand on the cone

Coils, I have the Dual 0.9 coils 4 layer ( if you have the tight gap)

Spiders sure I can dig up, I can order some thats for sure

Team PSI has some nice 4" spiders I have used before, not from there godly prices, but had some I received from a spider manufacturer

but used them all up

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well damn man that sounds really good. im going to stick with the same spiders cause these things are stupid stiff and will not break. The cone and surround is what im looking for really. I want a thicker surround so it will alow for a bit more excursion. The subs as is dont like the low notes below like 32hz the box is tuned at like 36 37hz which should mean they could def get to like a 28-30hz tone without sounding bad... Maybe im looking at the wrong part but thats what my guess is.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

ok see im learning now. So what should i go for when im throw about 3500rms daily per sub right now. each of them are 15s and they are team rockford. True team rockford fosgate subs. the magnets are like 105ish lbs each and they are damn loud. just dont hit the notes i want and the spiders and such are from 2004. So i wanna update the materials i guess is what im saying. And how much would i be looking at spending per sub if i were to go with some of the better spiders and such.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

foreverbumpin can help you out those subs are burp woofers and have very little excursion and a very tight gap. I suggest selling them on here and purchasing some subs that are for your intended use.

level 5's like the low lows ;):peepwall:

but foreverbumpin could probably get you some recones that will be closer to what you want....

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

^ is a real subwoofer prior to DC, Sundown and FI

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

its a crazy sub that rf built to kill everyone in the lanes. they did that back in like 2003-04 and they went ahead and started making there best buy stuff then and going over seas shortly after that. These things are monsters but yea they really are meant for burping which is why i dont wanna let them go. 153.8 isnt bad at all for a daily driver non walled in modified 2000 watt class. See my thinking is if i get something like the dc lvl 5s which is what i was going with till i got a great deal on these monsters, but the lvl 5s wouldnt hit as good of a score i figured. They would also tear my car apart faster than these subs do lol.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz