Sonic Electronix

ok so im driving a 98 grand cherokee with stock alt and firestone battery i think now i got a rockford amp mono in the back thats getting replaced in the next few days to a rockford power 1500bdcp and i also got a sound ordance M4075 75W x 4 for the doors now my voltage already goes crazy when i turn the vol to 75% so i know i need to do somthing now im not sure if to get an extra normal car battery hooked in parallel with the one already there or should i get a cap cell battery or should i get a performance alternator?

keeping in mind i cant go overboard with this only got maybe 200 to 250 to spend on this at the moment so im looking to put what ever is most crucial at teh moment then wehn i get extra money in the next few weeks put some extra stuff in there...

what you guys think i should get?

100grandman "me gettin caught with no heat thats ludacris use an acta no use an actress i lay on niggas uuse a matress"

bmore anthem

The cheapest and effective remedy would be to first, do the Big "3"!!!!! What size power wire are u running? 1/0 is imo the way to go, especially when upgrading in the future. You might want to save a lil more and either do a hi output alternater and/or invest in a good drycell battery upfront!! With these upgrades you should be fine...Also, stay away from caps, they are only good if your voltage is up to par which yours isnt..They are a waste of hard earned money!!!

Edited by davewms9605

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

if it where me id do TheBig3 in 0g and def upgrade ur stock battery, I found a yellow top on craigslist for $60 :good: . then maybe a HO Alt when u get more $$

Obviously a H/O alternator would be the best for your electrical system, how ever, as mentioned do the big 3, this helps the most and is the cheapest. Next get a decent Dry Cell battery, such as XS Power or Kinetic up the front of your car, replace that old firestone. And run 0 AWG wire to your trunk, or wherever the amps are. This will ensure the least amount of voltage drop and current lost in cabling.

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

im runing a 4 gauge that splits to 8 gauge for the sound ordance and 4 gauge to teh rockford but when i get teh new 1500bd mos tlikely ill run the 4 gauge soley to it and run another 8 gauge from the battery to the sound ordance

what is the big 3? and when u say i should run 1/0 gauge u mean to everything or just form alt to battery?

and if u guys could help me in choosing certain products or even pointing me at good brand names for this stuff... thanks

and just for knowledge what do you mean voltage up to par??

100grandman "me gettin caught with no heat thats ludacris use an acta no use an actress i lay on niggas uuse a matress"

bmore anthem

im runing a 4 gauge that splits to 8 gauge for the sound ordance and 4 gauge to teh rockford but when i get teh new 1500bd mos tlikely ill run the 4 gauge soley to it and run another 8 gauge from the battery to the sound ordance

what is the big 3? and when u say i should run 1/0 gauge u mean to everything or just form alt to battery?

and if u guys could help me in choosing certain products or even pointing me at good brand names for this stuff... thanks

why run 4 gauge to only split it into another 4 gauge AND an 8 gauge wire. stick with 0 gauge instead of that 4 gauge so you dont risk melting the crap out of the wire.

def do ^^^^ in 0g so u dont have to uprage it in the future...

when i bought the system i bought a rockford dual amp wiring kit and it came wiht a 4 gauge that splits into another 4 gauge and an 8 gauge.... who know slol but yea once ill know what teh big 3 is and do it lol then ill most likely go ahead and change to 0 gauge

bmore anthem

:good: brand wise always remember "you get what u payed for"

check in the for sale section of the forum theres always good stuff there at cheap prices!

Edited by BeatBox

And up to par means the same as "good"!!!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt