Sonic Electronix

Speakers sound like they're about to explode

It's a problem with my rcas, because when I dissconnect them, it stops. Whenever I plug them in the speakers make a popish noise, and then there's this high pitch increasing sound that sounds like they're about to explode. I've checked and rechecked my grounds, im next to a power wire, but it's like for about 2 inches. The rcas are run under the carpet, and most of the wire is hidden under the back seat, just a smidgen is out and that's what runs to my amp. The rcas are y split from another amps line out. It doesn't get louder as the volume or gas pedal is pushed, and you can't even notice it when the musics playing. I've noticed the amp gets a lot hotter then the one running my tweeters. I don't know if this is because it's pushing 2x the power or maybe it's the amp.

So a little help here please :D

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Maybe a bad ground???

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Not the ground - i've checked several times and it's grounded to the same spot as my AQ1200. Like i said, I think it's my rcas. the sound stops if i remove them.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Haha at first i thought about saying "Well duh thats what there supposto do!" but then saw the prob haha. hope you find the prob

12 RE audio X series 12's

4 gauge wiring to back batt (soon to be 0 gauge)

0 gauge from batt to amp

kinetik 1800 in back

clarion cx-200 HU

SPL 3000 wired at 2 ohms

8 Re 6.5 full range speakers

Re Xt 800.4 4 channel amplifier

Autopager car alarm

i wouldnt ground 2 amps in the same spot... you can do it but its better if ya dont (at least i think so, but i always over kill)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i wouldnt ground 2 amps in the same spot... you can do it but its better if ya dont (at least i think so, but i always over kill)

fucking double post lol, but if you know its your rca's get new ones??

Edited by El1T3Bass

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I can try a different ground tomorrow - but I HIGHLY doubt that'll fix it. Not gonna lie though, they get loud as fawkkkk now!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Before ripping out all the RCA's and replacing them. See if you have a set of RCA's and run them from the deck to the amp and see if the problem still exists. How is the head unit grounded? I know that sometimes if you use the factory head unit ground it is usually insufficient. You should try to ground it to the frame as well. It sounds like a ground loop issue the way you are describing the sound. Good luck and let us know what you find. :good:

Never messed with the HU so it's not that. I'm going to try a different ground tomorrow and see if that fixes it. I'm also going to move the rcas around and see if maybe they're picking up something from the chassis. I have about 20 feet of it wrapped around under my back seat, on the sheet metal (easy hide). I doubt thats it either. The high pitch noise stops when i dissconnect the rcas, so that's where the problem exists.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Never messed with the HU so it's not that.

Are you running all your equipment off your factory head unit? If you are, I would guess that you are using a high to line level converter. I would check that as well to verify there are no loose wires (some of them can create alot of noise too). I think you might be right though as for the RCA's being the issue. I broke one of my RCA's years ago by pulling too hard and I broke the wires internally. I didn't realize it till I tested everything and I had this weird feedback/whining kind of noise.