Second Skin Audio

Fi Q and Fi BL Together?

I'll agree with this. I'm in a MUCH larger room with 1 12 and 120 watts, and I'm happy with the loud factor. Though the low factor is another story...

But nobody is going to convince you of anything. You are asking for opinions when you already have your mind made up.

Get the 2 Fi Qs and rattle everything in your house. Maybe after the police are called a couple times you'll realize why this was a bad idea.

I mainly want clean bass... It will be tuned high (Probably 40HZ), and not fully powered. What sub exactally do you recommend I get? I want a Fi (On a side note, how is that said? Is it "Fi" or "F I"?)for sure.

I'll agree with this. I'm in a MUCH larger room with 1 12 and 120 watts, and I'm happy with the loud factor. Though the low factor is another story...

But nobody is going to convince you of anything. You are asking for opinions when you already have your mind made up.

Get the 2 Fi Qs and rattle everything in your house. Maybe after the police are called a couple times you'll realize why this was a bad idea.

I used to have a 1000 watt home theatre system... It didn't get very loud... It shook the blinds at most... I am not planning to have them at max power... Only a little bit of the potential.

Ok, I just changed my mind... I dont wanna blow $500 on 2 subs that wont even be powered as the max for one...

My NEW idea is one Fi Q 12" powered to full, but turned down. The only problem is that I like semetry. I want to put the sub in the middle, and two ports, one for each side. Is dual ports for one sub possible?

I mainly want clean bass... It will be tuned high (Probably 40HZ), and not fully powered. What sub exactally do you recommend I get? I want a Fi (On a side note, how is that said? Is it "Fi" or "F I"?)for sure.

If you're looking for clean bass out of a home theater system, tune that bitch low. 28-30 hz is where it'll shine.

I used to have a 1000 watt home theatre system... It didn't get very loud... It shook the blinds at most... I am not planning to have them at max power... Only a little bit of the potential.

Your 1000 watt home theater system was 1000 watts total, meaning the five speakers were probably 150 watts each and the sub was 250. They're not designed to shake blinds or anything, they're designed to hit the low notes and sound clean doing it.

Ok, I just changed my mind... I dont wanna blow $500 on 2 subs that wont even be powered as the max for one...

My NEW idea is one Fi Q 12" powered to full, but turned down. The only problem is that I like semetry. I want to put the sub in the middle, and two ports, one for each side. Is dual ports for one sub possible?

Yes, you can do 2 ports. Why power it to full but turn it down? If you're looking for less power than the full 1000, save some money and grab an SSD. Based on what you've told me, I can assume the headboard of your bed isn't an area that's very conducive to great sound quality anyway. Too much stuff to absorb all the sound waves. If you're still open to suggestions at all, build a T-line and put it in the corner of your room. It'll sound a million times better than a box fastened to the back of your headboard.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

A 10" driver with 50wrms was shaking pictures off my wall... Home Audio setups don't need ridiculous amounts of power.

The most important thing in a home audio setup is speaker and sub placement... I placed the sub in my room it sounded kinda loud I'm put it in my closet loaded it off a wall and it came alive... Lows would actually move your clothes...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

If this is for home audio why not just use an IB3 and mount it in a corner, or closet like said above. Although Idk if your parents would like a hole being cut in the wall to mount a sub.

If you're looking for clean bass out of a home theater system, tune that bitch low. 28-30 hz is where it'll shine.

Your 1000 watt home theater system was 1000 watts total, meaning the five speakers were probably 150 watts each and the sub was 250. They're not designed to shake blinds or anything, they're designed to hit the low notes and sound clean doing it.

Yes, you can do 2 ports. Why power it to full but turn it down? If you're looking for less power than the full 1000, save some money and grab an SSD. Based on what you've told me, I can assume the headboard of your bed isn't an area that's very conducive to great sound quality anyway. Too much stuff to absorb all the sound waves. If you're still open to suggestions at all, build a T-line and put it in the corner of your room. It'll sound a million times better than a box fastened to the back of your headboard.

I am making a custom headboard, so it will be solid... I really dont want it in the corners, because I will have 5.1 floor towers in the corners. I will get an SSD instead, and power it at maybe 150 RMS and 300 MAX. As for a T-Line, do they make good, clean sound? I mainly want sq.

If this is for home audio why not just use an IB3 and mount it in a corner, or closet like said above. Although Idk if your parents would like a hole being cut in the wall to mount a sub.

I dont have a closet, and even if I did, this is a rental...

If you're looking for clean bass out of a home theater system, tune that bitch low. 28-30 hz is where it'll shine.Your 1000 watt home theater system was 1000 watts total, meaning the five speakers were probably 150 watts each and the sub was 250. They're not designed to shake blinds or anything, they're designed to hit the low notes and sound clean doing it.Yes, you can do 2 ports. Why power it to full but turn it down? If you're looking for less power than the full 1000, save some money and grab an SSD. Based on what you've told me, I can assume the headboard of your bed isn't an area that's very conducive to great sound quality anyway. Too much stuff to absorb all the sound waves. If you're still open to suggestions at all, build a T-line and put it in the corner of your room. It'll sound a million times better than a box fastened to the back of your headboard.

I am making a custom headboard, so it will be solid... I really dont want it in the corners, because I will have 5.1 floor towers in the corners. I will get an SSD instead, and power it at maybe 150 RMS and 300 MAX. As for a T-Line, do they make good, clean sound? I mainly want sq. I dont have a closet, and even if I did, this is a rental...

(see quote above) Yes... tune low...

reason for putting it in the corners is loading... in other words... it will sound better in the corner of the room...

we are giving you opinions based on experience..

if you dont believe any of us... do some research on acoustic engineering...

but hey its your room... do whatever you want...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Well, I think I am completely dunping the whole Fi thing... I am finally listening to what you have been saying all along.

I am going to use a Rockford Fosgate P3 15" for my main subwoofer. I think this will be in a T-Line box, or a ported box tuned to 28HZ. This will be for watching movies, and sometimes listening to iPod/iPhone.

I am also going to have a Rockford Fosgate P3 10" for a computer subwoofer. This will probably be in a sealed box or a ported on tuned to around 35HZ.

I hope you guys like this idea better. I think it will be a little more reasonable. :yahoo:

Edit: I just noticed that the Rockford Fosgate subs mentioned above have the same specs as the Fi subs. :pardon: I will still be going with Rockford Fosgate, because they do well, even when underpowered.

Edit 2: I am not "mixing sizes" with these. They will be running independently, and never at the same time. :yahoo:

Archived