Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Alpine SWR1243D vs SWR1242D


Recommended Posts

Posted

hi,

i have a SWR1242D at the moment and i may change it for a SWR1243D

Will this affect the enclosure design?

At the moment my enclosure is 2.3 cubes at 35hz.

Also is the new type r better? Its smaller aswell.

Thanks

Posted

It has a better cooling and is rated higher now,600 watts RMS I beleive, So you could throw more watts at it and potentially get louder?

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

Posted

what he said. and its smaller so it will increase the air space and lower the tuning. maybe not noticible but it will affect it

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Posted

It has a better cooling and is rated higher now,600 watts RMS I beleive, So you could throw more watts at it and potentially get louder?

Does it make any difference that it is more shallow? As in will it still be suitable for that enclosure.

Also i heard there are two versions? Normal or shallow mount?

Is that right?

Thanks

Posted

what he said. and its smaller so it will increase the air space and lower the tuning. maybe not noticible but it will affect it

ok, you say ''maybe not noticible'' Are you talking something like 35hz to 34.8hz etc or like 35hz to 33hz?

Posted

idk what the displacment is on the new or old type r's lol. if the type r is like .15 (just saying) and the new one is like .13 then nah

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Posted

Does it make any difference that it is more shallow? As in will it still be suitable for that enclosure.

Also i heard there are two versions? Normal or shallow mount?

Is that right?

Thanks

shallow mounted type rs r like double the price of the regular ones... just get the new 2010 model. Alpine MRD-M1005 amp is the perfect amp for one of these too considering they have the same rms and max as the 2010 model type rs

smdsig.jpg
Posted

but if your type r is working fine i wouldnt get rid of it just to get the new one.. it wouldnt be THAT much louder. wait until yours blows or something lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Posted

but if your type r is working fine i wouldnt get rid of it just to get the new one.. it wouldnt be THAT much louder. wait until yours blows or something lol

I may be able to get it cheap thats why. Just wondering if it would be ok with my current enclosure.

heres the video. Look at the difference between the new and old in terms of size.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1619 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...