Sonic Electronix

Hi im new here and im having problems with my system it consists of 2 rockfords 15s power dual 2 ohms wired at 2 ohms to a rockford T20001 bd, 4 audiopipe 8 inches wired to a boss 1k amp and 4 tweets wired to a rockford 301s

All of this in a 91 corolla 4d im using a cadillac 140 amp alt 1/0 cable 2 kinetics 1-1800 front and a 2400 rear with 10 farad rockford cap, the subs are in sealed, no space for ported. With the car on system off it reads 14.6v but if i turn the music and start playing it goes down to 11.5v what can i do? Also big 3 in 1/0 g. Any help or advice will be apreciated. Thanks.

First off, lose the capacitor. and im not sure if using a cadillac alt is helping you much.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Maybe get a bigger H/O alt when the money is right. Batteries should be good on that power, b/c I doubt the Boss amp actually puts out 1k wrms. So say you have 3000 wrms... those batteries should be plenty. The H/O alt may not be able to charge the batts continuously. Also if you have the time check your grounds and other wires, that may have become lose or lost the connection.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Grounds ok.

Im using tha caddy alt since the stock toyota alt is rated at 70 amps and the caddy is rated at 140.

Whould a higher amp alt help me with tha voltage drops.

definately. 140 amps isnt really big enough for what your trying to run

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Thank you guys for your help.

Now that i know im in tha need of a new alt wich alt you think should do the work and how much amps?

Does the cap has anything to do with those voltage drops?

Im asking cause its a 10 farad, isnt suposed to help with it or not?

Should i go with an external regulator so i can adjust the alts output to a higher voltage?

Whould it help?

Your help is and will be apreciated.

Edited by GioRF