Sundown Audio

2 amps, 1 HU output, help?

blazinloud

hey im still pretty new to the audio scene so dont flame too bad please, just here trying to learn

I've searched the forums for this and cant seem to find a direct answer

I have an older JVC hu, nothing special, and i've already got the subs and everything setup in the truck

Now i've ordered the front door speakers and im wanting to amp them, my question is; how do i get RCA input to them, when my HU only has 1 RCA output, and its already taken and setup for my subs?

I noticed that my amp has hookups for "Preamp Output", would it be possible to just go from these to my amp for my door speakers?

My only concern is that my hu is setup for subs on the single output, will that cause it to send a wrong signal to my door speakers? I remember reading about an RCA filter i believe, could somebody give me a little more insight on these?

Thanks for any help guys, it never fails that every time i get on these forums i see something thats just jaw-dropping, and normally get off knowing something that i didnt before!

you COULD just run a short set of rca's from the first amps' output to the second amps' input. the signal to the speakers is sent out from the amp through speaker wire so there shouldn't be anything to worry about with the 'wrong' signal from the first amp being sent to the second.

another thing u could do is get these plugs that would go into your hu's output. it turns one into two. can't think of the name but they're relatively easy to find. so your left would now have two and the right would have two. with that, i would run 2 cables through the car. for the first amp, put the left to one of the 'splitters' from the left and the right to the right and do the same for the second amp. hope its kinda clear for you

it should work. go from the headunit --rca--first amp rca input--first amp rca output--rca--second amp rca input.

just make sure that if your headunit has a subwoofer level control, to have it set up to +15 or +10 or whatever it has. if it doesnt have that then dont worry about it.

Archived