Sonic Electronix

that voltage drop is not bad at all bro. if it was in the 12's then i would start to worry

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

That's a good size alt for a four Banger! A charged battery should sit approx 12.8v +/-.2v depending on battery and charging condition. Car on 14.4v is the standard. With your system playing anything 13 or above is fine for just driving around beating. Lastly, don't trust your epic BS take a DMM and get a good reading at the amp to know exactly what it is seeing.

Edited by Noob_On_Droid

agreed. Everything above 13 means your alt is still working.

yea i've already checked with a dmm, the epic is pretty close to what the dmm reads... well in that case if i'm reading above 13v then i'm good, thanks guys for your input, i was mostly concerned with the voltage drop, i haven't done the big 3 yet.. don't know if i really wanna mess with doing the big 3, specially a 4 banger , freakin motor cramped in sideways, but oh well i'll deal with it later.