Got a bad Virus

Alright good let malwarebytes scan and blah blah then if it still messing up do a system restore to a few days back.

If its what I think it is, malwarebytes won't catch it. I've seen it one too many times in our lab, lol.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

If its what I think it is, malwarebytes won't catch it. I've seen it one too many times in our lab, lol.

If malwarebytes doesn't get it I got another program he can try.

And all this crap is caused by a damn ad, to bad the ads are random.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Just another tip: do not even click the popups.... its a trojan, remember? it says one thing, and does another

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Boot in safe mode. WINDOWS KEY + R. type msconfig in box. Go to STARTUP TAB. UNCHECK anything unsual and from UNKNOWN manufacturers (usually some random start up name like bpduhcdv). Restart computer. Download and install SUPERANTISPYWARE and run a scan. Do WINDOWS KEY + R again, type in msconfig in box, and go to startup menu again. If you DID find some random crap like that (bpduhcdv) under the STARTUP tab, you can scroll on the bottom, to the right and look for the command and location of that file. You should 1. go to the location and delete it and 2. go to the command location and delete that as well.

Just another tip: do not even click the popups.... its a trojan, remember? it says one thing, and does another

If he clicks the popups it adds more crap to his computer lol

Rest In Peace mother.

Boot in safe mode. WINDOWS KEY + R. type msconfig in box. Go to STARTUP TAB. UNCHECK anything unsual and from UNKNOWN manufacturers (usually some random start up name like bpduhcdv). Restart computer. Download and install SUPERANTISPYWARE and run a scan. Do WINDOWS KEY + R again, type in msconfig in box, and go to startup menu again. If you DID find some random crap like that (bpduhcdv) under the STARTUP tab, you can scroll on the bottom, to the right and look for the command and location of that file. You should 1. go to the location and delete it and 2. go to the command location and delete that as well.

Just because its running, doesn't mean its on startup. Programs such as these will add themselves to startup EVERY time ..well...every time startup initiates. As I said, if its in the registry, you're fucked.

edit: does the OP know the name of the trojan? at least the alias that it uses? that would prove to be more useful instead of us doing some trial and error

00' Nissan Xterra

Sounds like a trojan such as antivirus 2010 or vista security.. Restoring will do nothing considering your computer thinks its a trusted program. Unless you have a vast knowledge of the registry and how it works, i would suggest backing up all data you can, and reformat it.

Edit: the worst thing you can do while you have these things is to be connected to the internet. It could be used as a part of a botnet, or it could hijack your machine all together...PULL Ethernet, lol

while it was doing its thing, I pulled the plug to see if it would freeze, and stop, but no, whatever it is kept cycling

and its trying to sell a anti virus program for like 99, 69, $49

and that is ALL it will let you do, so screw that shit

but its definitely trying to direct me that way

I looked all over, and found Google where it was located in the computer has 2 big down loads of 102mb on June 30 and July 3rd, and one other maybe a month ago

I deleted those because they looked odd

I have had Google for over a year now, and these down loads were never there before

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Just because its running, doesn't mean its on startup. Programs such as these will add themselves to startup EVERY time ..well...every time startup initiates. As I said, if its in the registry, you're fucked.

Like I said I got another program he can try :P

Rest In Peace mother.

while it was doing its thing, I pulled the plug to see if it would freeze, and stop, but no, whatever it is kept cycling

and its trying to sell a anti virus program for like 99, 69, $49

and that is ALL it will let you do, so screw that shit

but its definitely trying to direct me that way

I looked all over, and found Google where it was located in the computer has 2 big down loads of 102mb on June 30 and July 3rd, and one other maybe a month ago

I deleted those because they looked odd

I have had Google for over a year now, and these down loads were never there before

Of course it will still "cycle" because that is part of the programming. But it could be doing shit that you dont see, in the background

00' Nissan Xterra

I use superantispyware free addition. As a hardcore computer gamer/video editor its the best one I've found. Its gotten rid of every virus that I have gotten (very few because I'm super careful), including the ones that control your user privileges. If you want you can grab it from http://www.superantispyware.com/

'01 Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl4/18/13

Started new build

Headunit: JVC kdx250bt

Sub Amp: Hifonics Hifi 2000d

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Sub(s): SQ HDC3-12

Battery(s): Stock

Wire: Knu 1/0 and 4awg

Big3:

Archived