My First Run @ Fiberglass

After I get it blocked and sanded pretty decent and all the curves are smooth, I spray with slick sand by evercoat. Its like a bondo primer. I still seal and primer afterwards. It just takes out several steps of filling pin holes and small stuff. It takes a gun with a big nozzle. And its pretty expensive, but its worth it in the end. Ur box looks nicer than my first try most deff.

ok so I glassed the port in & added some filler around it.

port glassed in, trimmed off some of the excess, & sanded smooth

DSCN1134-1.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

first ring of filler

DSCN1144.jpg

second layer to build it up

DSCN1148.jpg

originally i was thinking i should flare out the port more because i couldn't flatten the edges as much as i wanted to without it cracking. aero ports seem to flatten out on the outer edges more like a trumpet. i'm wondering if the flatness is just so you can screw them to the box. will making it flatter make a difference?

i started sanding my filler flat.

DSCN1156.jpg

DSCN1154.jpg

then i was thinking of doing something more round like this

DSCN1164-1.jpg

can't decide what i should do. will making it flat like an areo port reduce anymore noise than the round design? any input is welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

been pluggin' away at this little by little & progress has been a bit slow lately but it's still comin' along.

more spot treatments to remove the pits.

DSCN1178.jpg

DSCN1188.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

I went around the ring with some bondo to smooth it out more

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

i added a flare on the inside of the port as well to reduce port noise. i still have to glass it on

DSCN1216.jpg

DSCN1225.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Look alright but i would have use another bondo because i think there alots of pin holes and that i don't really like because you really got fill those holes up and sand it down smooth. Otherwise paint can show very uneveness and something the holes..

Look alright but i would have use another bondo because i think there alots of pin holes and that i don't really like because you really got fill those holes up and sand it down smooth. Otherwise paint can show very uneveness and something the holes..

This is why i recomended spraying slick sand. Time saver for sure.

Archived