My First Run @ Fiberglass

covered with foil so i can remove it later.

DSCN1034.jpg

Glassed the edges for a better seal

DSCN1035.jpg

DSCN1038.jpg

wrapped & resin coated

DSCN1041.jpg

coated in bondo body filler. I now know that i like to work with thinner layers.

DSCN1048.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

skeleton removed & sanded

DSCN1067.jpg

fixed the hole & more sanding

DSCN1084.jpg

Applied more body filler,this time by hand, in thin layered spot treatments to level out any low spots & partially sanded

DSCN1112.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

Made a port from PVC tuned to 41HZ

DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1118.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

Wow that looks great. Going to cover it in something? or paint it

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

yeah, I have a bit of sanding & body filler spot treatments to do still. I also want to add more of a flare to my port which I think I'm going to do with body filler. there should be a bit of a ring on the outside edges of the port when I'm finished. I could only bend the PVC so far before it would crack... so the port isn't as flared as I want it to be but I'm happy with it so far. I'm also currently test driving a few different port lengths to see what sounds best for what I listen to. I started at 6" @ 40 HZ but it seemed to be a bit low for my taste. So far I like the 5.5" length which tunes it to 41HZ but I should be testing out a 42 HZ port today to see how that responds.

As for what I'm going to do for the finished outside... I was thinking of painting it House Of Kolors Black Pearl or Black Sparkle Pearl with tons of clear coat.

Black pearl

BlackPearl.jpg

Black Sparkle Pearl

BSvF7CGkKGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBKC0Z7NQ.jpg

i was also looking at a few of the darker blues like

Cobalt Blue

1a81_12.jpg

Majik Blue

d480_12.jpg

I'm still up in the air with it but still leaning towards the black pearl

Looks great for first time fiberglassing! With body filler always work in thin coats you can add more as needed :). I started my first fiberglass project a few weeks ago too, maybe after I finish my door pods I'll do a box.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

lol yeah, I learned pretty quick than thin is the way to go. In the first few pics with the body filler on there, it's really thick & I ended up sanding off about 85-90% of it. It was pretty much a waste of filler but ya gotta learn somehow. This box is just a learning project anyways. It's built for a 12" Sony xplod & I'm planning on upgrading to 2 - 12" American Bass XFL's & a 2200 watt AudioQue in the near future. Doors are a project that makes me a little nervous. If I mess up the box, I can always scrap it, but the doors HAVE to go back on lol. After having this experience with the materials, I might try to squeeze a few Soundstream or Rockford mids & a JL 6" sub in each door.

yeah, i have always had a soft spot for house of kolor paints.

lol i hope to be ballin' in the future. right now I'm still on a starter system. I originally started learning how to do this stuff just to add some true bass to my stereo (cuz the components weren't putting out what i wanted to hear),but now that i have "some bump"... now I think I'm ready for something that pounds.

Thanks for the compliments... I'm just doin' the best I can with the knowledge this place has provided me.

Archived