Which O-Scope? BOON CHIME IN PLEEEASE!

LMAO Like I always say--If at first it don't fit, it just needs some spit. Lol but yea, got mine too. Now I just need sa-8s to come back in stock so I'll have a reason to use it...

Bump waiting!Call all your friends and tune their stuff up for them.I am dying for my test CD to come in :yahoo:

Heh, sorry for not chiming in, I've been real busy lately (can you tell? I've almost never been on here...)

You should be very happy with it :) Poking around your system with a scope for the first time can be a real eye-opener.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Heh, sorry for not chiming in, I've been real busy lately (can you tell? I've almost never been on here...)

You should be very happy with it :) Poking around your system with a scope for the first time can be a real eye-opener.

Hey good to hear you're alive haha.I had checked your profile when I didn't hear back from you for a few days and it said you hadn't been on in like a month.I thought maybe some one on here pissed you off and you said bump this site.

I used to use this scope a little at the shop I used to work at, but it was time to get my own now and I want to be able to learn how to use alll the features of this bad boy.I don't want to have a $300 piece of equipment and I only use one or two features on it out of the 150+ things I can use it for.I'd like to figure out how to use this thing to it's full potential.

Nope. I refuse to do their stuff. Ill set it up right, but its never enough, so they crank the gain up and blame me when shit blows...lol

MOAR POWER!!

Just an FYI, TPI has amazing customer service as well. I picked up a TPI 440 about a year or so ago, used for $100. When I got it there was something wrong with the screen, you could kind of read it but not really it was fuzzy as fuck. I called them and they gave me the address to send it to. I figured for the $100 i spent on it a little more to get it fixed aint no thing. So about two weeks later I get a box in the mail with my repaired scope...no repair bill and no shipping bill. I even told them when I talked to them that is was used and I bought it off the internet. To me thats great service. You have a great tool now to add to your collection.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I was playing with this sucker for a few hours today and came across something I was curious about.I use a 40 Hz test tone to tune my bass amps.If I have the subsonic set to 35 or 36 Hz though, wouldn't that cancel out some of my voltage, as it would be tuning it out?

Another thing with the subsonic and low pass:Should I set the subsonic and low pass before or after I scope in the amp?I noticed if I set the subsonic at it's lowest, say 20 Hz for instance, and then peg the low pass, say at 200 Hz, and then tune the amp where there is no clipping, but then bring up the subsonic to where it needs to be for the port tuning frequency and drop the low-pass to 90 Hz, the amp is now clipping HARD.Why is this?

I was playing with this sucker for a few hours today and came across something I was curious about.I use a 40 Hz test tone to tune my bass amps.If I have the subsonic set to 35 or 36 Hz though, wouldn't that cancel out some of my voltage, as it would be tuning it out?

Another thing with the subsonic and low pass:Should I set the subsonic and low pass before or after I scope in the amp?I noticed if I set the subsonic at it's lowest, say 20 Hz for instance, and then peg the low pass, say at 200 Hz, and then tune the amp where there is no clipping, but then bring up the subsonic to where it needs to be for the port tuning frequency and drop the low-pass to 90 Hz, the amp is now clipping HARD.Why is this?

By GioRF

I checked Meades You Tube video about setting gain on bass amp and it shows Steve setting the crossover at 80hz before setting tha gain in tha amp with tha scope.Hope this helps.

Archived