Which O-Scope? BOON CHIME IN PLEEEASE!

I know there have been threads similar to this before, but none have actually compared the two and what each can and cannot do that the other can.

I've been in the market for a new oscilloscope for a WHILE now.I'm ready to buy one and I was curious what the more experienced guys on here had to say about them.I've been really looking into the TPI 440 Oscilliscopes: 440 and the Velleman HPS10SE Velleman Inc. I'd like something with the RMS and Peak audio readings, however I'm still looking into information regarding both and how important each are.

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.I'm not really trying to spend over $400 on one, and I was really liking how the TPI was also a DMM.Any other recommendations would definitely be considered, however if you could assess and rank these two presented it would really help.Thanks a ton ahead of time.

I know there have been threads similar to this before, but none have actually compared the two and what each can and cannot do that the other can.

I've been in the market for a new oscilloscope for a WHILE now.I'm ready to buy one and I was curious what the more experienced guys on here had to say about them.I've been really looking into the TPI 440 Oscilliscopes: 440 and the Velleman HPS10SE Velleman Inc. I'd like something with the RMS and Peak audio readings, however I'm still looking into information regarding both and how important each are.

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.I'm not really trying to spend over $400 on one, and I was really liking how the TPI was also a DMM.Any other recommendations would definitely be considered, however if you could assess and rank these two presented it would really help.Thanks a ton ahead of time.

I personal think the TPI is a meter one. It has a DMM where as the velleman only shows the wave. Do a search I found an online dealer that sells them for 279.00. The little bit extra for the TPI is worth every penny. I wish I had bought mine alot sooner.

I personal think the TPI is a meter one. It has a DMM where as the velleman only shows the wave. Do a search I found an online dealer that sells them for 279.00. The little bit extra for the TPI is worth every penny. I wish I had bought mine alot sooner.

Thanks man.I've done lots of work with the TPI and really like it, but I have a friend with a slightly lowered end series Velleman that I don't really like too much, but I was looking for as much input as possible.I'm waiting for Boon to get his ass in gear and post in this haha.

Went ahead and bought the TPI 440 today for $284.99 shipped to my door.I also got some free goodies thrown in, such as the carrying case and the protective boot for it.I also went ahead and bought the Autosound 2000 104 CD for tuning.I.....finally......have an O-SCOPE OF MY OWN!

Bad ass man. That thing will do you good.

I'm pretty excited.It's going to kill me having to wait through the weekend though haha.

This is the piece we used at the shop I used to work at before I left.I missed it :( So I bought myself one haha.

well since someone started a thread about the o scope finally, my question to you guys would be how easy is it to use one, i've seen them, but never actually used one personally.

Here's a perfect opportunity lol.

Check out my thread for this answer.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

whered you get it?

Testextra.com

I called today before I ordered and spoke with a gentleman for a little bit, just to confirm I was getting the real deal and not a knock off.I definitely liked how it was about $100 less than anywhere else, but I was a bit weary as well as I had never dealt with them before. He told me they were an authorized TPI dealer and even offered to give me the number for TPI to call and confirm, but I told him I trusted him and took his word for it. I also asked him if any of the accessories would be of much use to me. He asked what I was using it for, I explained it to him, and he said that honestly I wouldn't really find any of the accessories useful, outside of what comes in the kit.He didn't try to sell me an BS or coax me into buying something I didn't need.

I did call TPI as soon as I got off the phone ;) Haha I just had to confirm.I spoke with a woman there and she said Testextra is an authorized dealer than she was very familiar with and that TPI does a lot of work with them.

So that's pretty much the place to go to for the TPI 440.

well since someone started a thread about the o scope finally, my question to you guys would be how easy is it to use one, i've seen them, but never actually used one personally.

If you have never used one or seen anyone use one, it may not come so easily at first, but once you have done it once or twice or seen it done, and their are plenty of how-to's, even on this site, it will just be a repetitive process that you will be able to without even thinking about it once you get a process down.EXTREMELY useful tools though.Can easily make or break a system depending on who you are.

Archived