trying to start a dead porshe boxter

so today my aunt gave me a call that her porshe wasent starting she hasent driving the car like in a year

so i get there pop the door open and open the fuze box and pull out the one to power the car put the charger to it and the ground to the hinge like your suppose to and push the switch to open the truck and nothing left it for 20mins and still nothing i cranked it to 200amps and still nothing what can be the problem

i really need to know how to the pop open the trunk to get to the battery

anybody know how please let me know

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio

so today my aunt gave me a call that her porshe wasent starting she hasent driving the car like in a year

so i get there pop the door open and open the fuze box and pull out the one to power the car put the charger to it and the ground to the hinge like your suppose to and push the switch to open the truck and nothing left it for 20mins and still nothing i cranked it to 200amps and still nothing what can be the problem

i really need to know how to the pop open the trunk to get to the battery

anybody know how please let me know

There was some not so helpful post here, but I was bored so decided to search (as you should have.. took me like 3 seconds to find an answer) and it's below..

I don't know how old this car is, I'm guessing a first gen since she let it sit for over a year... but if it's newer than like 2000 then there should be a red pull out jumper by the fuse box, if that isn't there (and it's newer than like 2000) then that means the battery went dead with the security system activated...and if that's the case then:

Buy a male-to-male cigarette lighter adapter at the auto store. Connect between your car's (boxster) cigarette lighter socket and the other car's (any other car with a non dead battery) cigarette lighter socket. Do not try to start the ignition or the any other electronics. You should not even need the key in the ignition. You should be able to pop the door locks with the remote and open the trunk.

Edited by somerandomguy

Porsches suck for that reason. I had to jump one at work one time, it was an long process. If i remember right you hook the jumpers to the fuse box and ground to the door hinge, from there you can pop the trunk. then you connect to the battery like any other car, let it sit for a while and try to crank. If it is on a battery charger, just let it sit for a couple hours and try again.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

thats exactly what i did and nothing happened

i turn the key and nothing turns on or anything

i tryed to pop the truck and i didnt pop

I see no mention of my method in your post, did you try it? No? Well go try it, I'm pretty sure it will work.

I could of done one of those lmgtfy post, but no.. I did that myself, then posted the results..and then you don't even try it from what I can tell. Not cool bro, not cool.

Edited by somerandomguy

I see no mention of my method in your post, did you try it? No? Well go try it, I'm pretty sure it will work.

I could of done one of those lmgtfy post, but no.. I did that myself, then posted the results..and then you don't even try it from what I can tell. Not cool bro, not cool.

o shit i didnt see that

well ill try that tomorrow its to late now

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio