Sonic Electronix

check speaker wires. check RCA's. if you have a DMM (which you should) check the ohm load of the speakers.

x2

Get your dmm and check the ohm load of the speaker. If you have a 2ohm sub that is not blown , the dmm should read somewhere around 2ohm. If it is blown then the reading will be jumping all over the place.

Edited by infinity

My experience with blown speakers is extremely limited, but don't blown speakers sound like shit for a while before they just lock? The only speakers I've ever played that went from being fine to immediate lock up was the OLD (surrond was gone, spider started detatching, etc) RF punch that I wall socketed.

Every other blown speaker I've had would still play, but it sounded like somebody taped paper on the cone and it was flapping around.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Thanks for the advice guys an I found out what the problem was. That itty bitty amp jus got to hot from this 90 an dry day so I'm makn my car like an ice box so I can go aroun wit subs hittn again :)

well, it'll make you shit bricks.