acer aspire laptop problem

i have an Acer Aspire AS7740-5142 laptop with windows 7 that i purchased last winter and it has been fine all this time. I shut it off this morning and it was running fine and no problems at all. I went to go turn it on later that afternoon and it starts up and loads everything like normal but once i try connecting to the internet then it freezes right away. I ran an antivirus software and it said it found and fixed 33 tracking cookies and nothing else. I restarted the computer after that and it does the same thing. I cant run malwarebytes since its not installed on my laptop and i cant even get on the internet to download it. When i start up in safemode with networking it still wont let me connect to the internet. What could the problem be? Any help/info would be appreciated. Thank you

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

i have an Acer Aspire AS7740-5142 laptop with windows 7 that i purchased last winter and it has been fine all this time. I shut it off this morning and it was running fine and no problems at all. I went to go turn it on later that afternoon and it starts up and loads everything like normal but once i try connecting to the internet then it freezes right away. I ran an antivirus software and it said it found and fixed 33 tracking cookies and nothing else. I restarted the computer after that and it does the same thing. I cant run malwarebytes since its not installed on my laptop and i cant even get on the internet to download it. When i start up in safemode with networking it still wont let me connect to the internet. What could the problem be? Any help/info would be appreciated. Thank you

Mike

If you have another PC to download antimalware, Hitman Pro and Hijack This from, do that then boot into safemode with networking and run hitman pro first, then antimalware and then HiJack This... If Hitman Pro will not run.. then skip it and go to Antimalware run it WITHOUT any updates... If you download Antimalware fresh from thier site... it should be updated and only a couple days old... good luck....