Jump to content

OEM GM tweeters


white4d96

Recommended Posts

Posted

While I was at the local salvage yard I got a bunch of OEM GM tweeters from cars like mine. I was just trying to get the mounting flange from them but apparently they're all one piece, so I guess I'll have to make my own still :angry: (Random-ass fact by the way, on the premium stereo option (the one with components up front) both the woofer and tweeter are 4-ohm drivers and they are paralleled, run just off the factory source unit.)

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had ever messed with these before and if they can be pulled apart to get the square mounting flange off of them. If not, has anyone ever heard them? I mean, they're stock so they'll probably sound like crap, but if they're not horrible, I might just live with them for a while since they're bolt-up. I was thinking about running a pair of them in the stock spots off the front channel of my HU (which is free right now) with the included inline xover...

100_1481.jpg

Too many projects, too little time...

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Not sure on taking the square part off but stock is stock... If you like the sound of them for the time being then do it up. Ya know? lol

Derp.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 964 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...