Alright, well I took step one today towards buying my new PA system. Phase 1 was to go through my old setup and find the useful stuff, and buy my new top speakers. I bought them used from my friend who owns a "teen club" (I'm glad i quit there, it's gone to crap). $300 later, I have a set of Kustom KSC 215H dual 15" PA speaker with new Peavey RX14's put in them. Only issue is one speaker has a bad connection to the tweeter output on the crossover, so I had to do some wire changing, but you can hardly tell a difference. Right now, I have these on a EP2500 from Behringer, plenty of power at 750w a side (4ohm speakers, 300w RMS, 600w cont), with a RS dual 15 band EQ for the time being.

Phase two: Buy the main setup, which will include;

Mackie 1604-VLZ3 16-Channel Mixer

LiveWire 16-Channel TRS/XLR In, 4 TRS Return Snake

Behringer FBQ3102 Dual 31-band EQ (on mains)

Behringer MDX2600 Compressor/Limiter (on mains)

Behringer MDX4600 Compressor/Limiter (for compression w/ inserts necessary

Behringer CX3410 3-way Stereo Crossover (will be in 2-way stereo for mains)

4 Kustom KPC12M monitors on Phonic Max 1000 Amplifier

Yamaha SW118V 18" Sub Pair

Behringer EP4000 Amplifier (Subs)

EV Cobalt 7 6-Pack vocal mics w/ stands & cables

CAD Pro-7 7-Piece Drum Mic Kit

Lighting Package 1 (8 Par-38's, relay packs, & controller)

10 10-Pack 20ft XLR mic cables

10 30ft 1/4" Instrument Cables

Musician's Gear 6-space (Processing Gear) & 8-space (Amp) Racks

Total of the system will probably be costing me about $6k. It's all budget, I don't feel like building speakers myself or buying used, but what I will need it for won't be for 35,000 people, just local bands and DJ gigs and such. Right now, just the dual 15's sound amazing by themselves, but the rest altogether will sound incredible. Will definitely post pics and vids once I get it all.

Also, pics to proove I'm working on it. It may be a while till I get everything, so feel free to discuss. First pic, the dual 15's at the foot of my tiny bed. (It's only sitting like 6 inches above the floor. Second pic is the temporary DJ mixer I borrowed from my friend, the RS dual 15 band EQ that will go on the monitor mix, and the EP2500. I hate living in an apartment complex though... >:)

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_6807-1.jpg

POTATO!

Im sorry, but if you can help it, stay away from behringer... It will cause you problems. Spend you money once, not every 3 months.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Im sorry, but if you can help it, stay away from behringer... It will cause you problems. Spend you money once, not every 3 months.

+3000000 lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Mixer and speaker-wise, I do. But processing & amp-wise, they've really vamped up. My EP2500 has been going strong for almost a year, and the dual 15 band EQ we had with the band I worked with worked flawlessly.

POTATO!