Everyone has told me it's impossible....

To fit an 18 in my trunk, well..... piss off.

015.jpg

016.jpg

8cubes before dis. need to figure out some sort of small bracing. oh and are the AP1800d's by audiopipe any good? thinking about running one since its the cheapest almost 2kwatt I can find.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

More pics? Ported or sealed? I would NOT go with audiopipe, they are garbage.

edit...Is that daylight coming in the back of the box ?????? If so I don't see that box holding up too long on 2kw

Edited by EricR

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

More pics? Ported or sealed? I would NOT go with audiopipe, they are garbage.

edit...Is that daylight coming in the back of the box ?????? If so I don't see that box holding up too long on 2kw

It's ported lol, tuned to 29hz, I'll get more pictures as I go, and yes it is daylight, I'm working by myself right now and that top piece is basically sitting there until I have someone to help me. I just got excited that I got it inside and together.

why soo big???

My numbers came out to like 5.4cubes total, IIRC.

As exciting as that is I've seen many 18s in trunks hell I had one (kinda) LOL but looks good either way. I've been more of a fan of the Brutus amps than the AP but that is just preference

I've had experience with a 1kw brutus and didn't like it at all.

Edited by vengfuldev

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Oh ok. Yea I would do a couple layers of fiberglass around all the inside seams. I built a 7 cube box in the trunk of my 98 civic for an 18 a few years ago, it was fun.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Oh ok. Yea I would do a couple layers of fiberglass around all the inside seams. I built a 7 cube box in the trunk of my 98 civic for an 18 a few years ago, it was fun.

I'm going to, I need to look into the cost of mat and resin, I've never used glass before so it'll be fun.

some misc pictures/vid of past box(what I got talked into instead of putting it into my trunk in the first place) and woofer.

664ce9ce.jpg

It was just stupid.

did do a 138.3 at 25hz though

And everyone has been telling me it cannot be done because if you can't build it on the outside of the car and then put it in, then there's no point in putting effort in trying anything else, so I said eff it I'll do it myself.

Edited by vengfuldev

Dc Audio

Team Fur