Paper Calculations

hi... i was just wondering if paper calculations like working out your port lenght frequency etc... is accurate or would it be better to test trial and error?

WELL my maths is pretty good so i can do it. oh and how do you work out the cubic feet of a box? to you convert to inches then height X width X depth then divide by 1728(or something)

exactly.....A good book for the formulas I've used is "Great Sound stereo Speaker Manual" by David Weems it covers almost everything. I think it's good for everyone to read and start their understanding with. The only thing is the ports used in the book are small but you can adjust for that.

HMMM ok i wont be able to get that book but i have found a few sites with some nice calculations. so you say the way i said to work cubic feet is correct?

yes, it's correct. HxWxD / 1728 minus sub,port and bracing displacement..Also make sure they are inside dimensions. Start with the outside demension and subtract for material. So if you have a width of 20" and are using 3/4" mdf subtract each wall width which = 18.5

Archived