Paper Calculations

the reason I tuned it low was it's more musical. so according to what was said you would have a better daily system and bass boxing.  here are the measurments and you can decide port is 203 x 856 mm

lengths ; 29.7hz= 297 lowest

30 hz= 287.3

31 hz= 247.2

32 hz= 210.8

33 hz= 177.7

34 hz= 147.4

35 hz= 119.7

tuning it to 32 hz the box is within +/- 1 db from 31 to 35 hz. In car response will change this. but 32 seems to have the widest range within 1 db. I've never bass boxed but form what I undderstand you want to keep @ an average db. having a wide range should help with that.  Ask Mrwigglezdj I know he won @ bass boxing he could tell you more then I ever could

but then again its pretty obvious that i should go with 32hz then cause i mean it covers most of the frequencies that you posted. so i will be building the big box 36cubic feet. with the port tuned to 32 hz. this is going to be a fun build. ill keep you posted.

the box peaks at 32.83 but that will change once it's in your car. You won't know the true hz peak until the box is built installed and you run a frequency sweep with a meter. You have to understand the resonant frequency of your car will control your actual frequency peak.

dam well i dont know my resonate frequency so i guess ill just have to go with it hey? unless you know wat the resonate frequency of an opel rekord is....

lol hey ap do you use a port calculator? i havent even thought about my subs yet bc im working on the highs and the source unit(s) (no point of badass subs with no hu)... but im trying to come up with a way to make 6X9 areos that would port up the rear deck... i tried using a online port calculator and it said i needed like 53ft of port and i was like wtf :-X? but ya so do you use a port calc or do you go off a chart thing

are you still looking for a solution here? If so I may be able to help

Archived