Sundown Audio

Keeps goin into protect HELP! (really found THE PROBLEM this time pg 6)

Jared420

I understand that you feel wiring that low is retarded but if its listed as safe by the manufacturer it must be safe otherwise they would be losing money hand over fist with warranty replacements and such, also I have heard many many people on here saying they run below 1 ohm daily.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Either way, the amp is listed as stable to that low of an ohm load and I ran it that way for over 3 months daily and when the amp shit the bed I had it playing below half volume. We have reason to believe it was because the terminals were stripped out for the output for the subs. Dbr told me if connection was weak and loose it could have caused the short.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I understand that you feel wiring that low is retarded but if its listed as safe by the manufacturer it must be safe otherwise they would be losing money hand over fist with warranty replacements and such, also I have heard many many people on here saying they run below 1 ohm daily.

That's them tho don't do what other people do because you may not have the same outcome as them. Try wiring the subs to 1ohm or higher.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

acquire a digital multimeter.

test the leads to the coils to the woofer

if all that checks in, try wiring to 2ohm

I have a meter, I checked them last week before my amp came back the alpines have the push terminals I checked all the coils, they are dual 4s and each one read like 4.1 I dont think any read ecaxtly 4 ohm i think 4.1 and 4.2 was what I was getting

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

That's them tho don't do what other people do because you may not have the same outcome as them. Try wiring the subs to 1ohm or higher.

I understand that, but Im saying people do it on amps that arent listed as being stable to below 1 ohm this amp is stable to .5 ohm the amp worked perfectly at .5 ohm for almost 4 months

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

The amp..is turning off the output stage..it is telling you something is wrong.

I'm not sure how the circuit designed to work..but if it sees that the transformer is not creating the voltage that the output stage of the amplifier needs...the protection circuit :should: say "no..we don't have the right power..turn off"..

Not saying that something else couldn't be wrong..but when you wire things lower and lower...it is MUCH harder on the parts..you very well could have weakened a solder joint and got it hot enough due to high current and low voltage situation...

Wire it to 2ohms..see what it does. If it isn't knocking into protect that answers your question.

It's the same people who sell the "4000" watt amplifiers on ebay..or where ever..with the grace of god and all of the moons align off of Saturn it MIGHT do that kind of power..on a good Tuesday.

It's called being dooped by marketing...it happens every day.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

My only problem with that is, When I got this amp I switched from 2 aq 1200s strapped @ 2 ohms, I ran it at 2 ohms for 3 days until the weekend when I had a chance to take the subs out and rewire to .5. It was about as loud as the 2 aqs at 2 ohms, so if i do that and it works wouldnt it just be because its not working hard at all? the amp has the potential to put out 5000 watts i dont want to go back to underpowering my subs with only around 2000 watts when I was able to run this amp for months without any issues.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

My only problem with that is, When I got this amp I switched from 2 aq 1200s strapped @ 2 ohms, I ran it at 2 ohms for 3 days until the weekend when I had a chance to take the subs out and rewire to .5. It was about as loud as the 2 aqs at 2 ohms, so if i do that and it works wouldnt it just be because its not working hard at all? the amp has the potential to put out 5000 watts i dont want to go back to underpowering my subs with only around 2000 watts when I was able to run this amp for months without any issues.

They are 750 watt subs..and that amp will never put out 5kw...it isn't going to happen, sorry.

Like I said..rewire them, hook it up at 2ohms, see what it does.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

They are 750 watt subs..and that amp will never put out 5kw...it isn't going to happen, sorry.

Like I said..rewire them, hook it up at 2ohms, see what it does.

I mean I guess I have to try that to make sure, but if it doesnt protect at 2 ohm then basically what, Im stuck with an amp thats doing half of what it used to do? still doesnt explain why it worked for so long sent it out to get repaired and it comes back and doesnt work. Either way if it still protects at 2 ohm that could still mean what, could still be the subs, could still be wiring?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

sorry for being frustrated right now its just that the bottom line is I paid just over 50 bucks to send my amp there for repair, paid 400 even for repair and then 25 for the shipping back to me and the amp was not returned to me working as it was before. I bought this amp for the fact its stable to .5 ohms so i could get the most power possible out of it, I got this amp specifically for that reason so now with the money I spent on the amp and this repair is over 1000 dollars now and from what you guys are saying Im going to have to spend more money on a more powerful amp and not get any type of refund for a failed repair.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3