Sonic Electronix

Hi people.

I enjoy listening to music with a passion and my tastes consists of gothic metal, alternative, rock, trance, and some rap from time to time, and im wondering what Subwoofer brand and amplifier would you people recommend? Im not doing a big system, just one 10'' in a box (pre-made box) so I can retain cargo room in the trunk. Yeah I could make my own box but my wood working skills are not so great. I know some of you will point to me to the classified's section and look around (I do appreciate it) but im not used to buy car audio used...at least not now. So Im gonna by online brand new.

My current system consists:

Sony CDX-GT630UI

Pioneer Premier PRS-X342 300watt 4ch amp (10+ years old)

Infinity Kappa front: 6-1/2's and rear: 6x9's (9 years old)

My budget is $400 and under.

Thanks

Ebay , RE AUDIO SX-10 10" SUBWOOFER $199.99, amp,POWER ACOUSTIK BAMF2000/1D 1200 RMS at 1ohm $165, HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi1210D 1200 RMS at 1ohm $199.95, boxes are anywhere from 45-150 easy, are you trying to buy sub, amp, and box or do you already have a box?

Edited by MrSoHeavySPL

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

6.0 A.E. box tuned to 42Hz

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

Amplifier - Dual XiA2460(hardcore p.o.s.)

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X693

AudioControl Three.1

Audiobahn bass line driver

Teh Big 3 in Kollosus Fleks 1/0

Funny Youtube Shit MATUXAZ

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

Ebay , RE AUDIO SX-10 10" SUBWOOFER $199.99, amp,POWER ACOUSTIK BAMF2000/1D 1200 RMS at 1ohm $165, HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi1210D 1200 RMS at 1ohm $199.95, boxes are anywhere from 45-150 easy, are you trying to buy sub, amp, and box or do you already have a box?

great options for your budget.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Hi people.

I enjoy listening to music with a passion and my tastes consists of gothic metal, alternative, rock, trance, and some rap from time to time, and im wondering what Subwoofer brand and amplifier would you people recommend? Im not doing a big system, just one 10'' in a box (pre-made box) so I can retain cargo room in the trunk. Yeah I could make my own box but my wood working skills are not so great. I know some of you will point to me to the classified's section and look around (I do appreciate it) but im not used to buy car audio used...at least not now. So Im gonna by online brand new.

My current system consists:

Sony CDX-GT630UI

Pioneer Premier PRS-X342 300watt 4ch amp (10+ years old)

Infinity Kappa front: 6-1/2's and rear: 6x9's (9 years old)

My budget is $400 and under.

Thanks

is the box ported or sealed? and do you know how big it is in cubic feet?

i like how people try to give information without knowing the needed details to make an informed suggestion

an SX would still perform in a sealed box so it wouldnt matter.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

an SX would still perform in a sealed box so it wouldnt matter.

ok, but my point was why try to give suggestions when the guy just said "a prefab box" that could mean a ported box a sealed box or whatever. i dont want the guy to buy a woofer that is made for a sealed box but he slapped it in a ported box because he didnt specify.

but its a prefab box... itll sound like ass either way. :lol:

look into the re audio sex series you won't be disappointed. A custom box should run you about $100 dollars and it would be a night and day difference! Good luck on your build.

TEAM DC AUDIO2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL2011 AZ State Record MECA (S4 & DB4)(Vehicle Sold)Buick Build Log2006 Lincoln Navigator (Daily Driver)RF T300.2, Re audio XXX 6 1/2 compsRF BD1500 pro, 4 SA-8v2 (29hz)1996 DCM Impala SS (Demo car)2 custom Ti Frame 18s walled @ 26hz(Vehicle currently under construction)

I dont own a box. Im gonna buy a pre-made one since my wood working skills are not that great. What is the best for a beginner like me, ported or sealed? TBH I dont exactly know the difference.

Plus im looking at Rockford fosgate Punch amp's atm, are they any good?

Thanks