Sonic Electronix

So I am in the process of adding a negative 0/1 run to the back. QUestion, am I okay going straight from the front battery negative to the amp since I currently have no rear battery? That is all, thanks.

dont do that wit hthe ground. attach a lug to a piece of 1/0 or w/e that is 4ft long at the MAX and bolt it down the a non painted surface (or paint that was sanded off) to a thick piece of metal (not a seat bolt or something like that)

Why is it bad to ground directly to the battery? I have heard some people say that's the beat possible thing to do, and your saying that's not good to do? Why is it bad? It would be the path of absolute least resistance possible in a car...

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

No battery but I just started have voltage/ground problems and I'm thinking a run to where my ground is right now, then from there to my amp would defeat the whole purpose of having the run. Now if I had a battery in the rear, it'd be different. But idk. I just don't want to fuck up my amp.

having a 15 foot long ground will have more resistance than a 3 foot long ground bolted to a piece of thick metal (or frame)

Alright, I could see what you mean... But say the battery is under the back seat? In that case would grounding directly to the battery be a bad thing?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Only way to know is to measure the resistance from said ground spot on chassis and see if it has less resistance than your run of 1/0.

My money is going on the 1/0.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If the resistance is good enough for the power wire, why wouldn't it be good enough for the ground wire? Assuming the battery and alt grounds are good then using a run of 1/0 would be just fine. Of course, with multiple amps and such it is just way easier to use the frame as a ground.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69