Sonic Electronix

Ok i have a 2008 kia rio lx and i already put a yellow top optima battery under the hood and i did the big 3. i did a voltage test and i'm doing about 14.2 volts but i hardly have any voltage drop at all which is good. but my question i have is will my electrical system work with a 1200-1500 watt amplifier and still get the full power?? or do i need to upgrade the alternator to?? (i have a stock 90 amp alternator btw)

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

try it. if not throw a batt in the back and you'll be set

if i put a battery in the back do you have any recommendations for some good cheap batteries?

My Car Audio Setup:

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

At that kind of power I'd get a better alternator, but first start off with a second battery, it will help keep the voltage drops to a minimum, but I'd strongly consider it, cuz your stock alternator is on the small side. so, yeah, drop a second battery in there first, then decide. I'd say a good size to get would be like a 180-220 amp alternator, but I don't really know much about alternators, lol. I'm just a noob trying to learn too.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

At that kind of power I'd get a better alternator, but first start off with a second battery, it will help keep the voltage drops to a minimum, but I'd strongly consider it, cuz your stock alternator is on the small side. so, yeah, drop a second battery in there first, then decide. I'd say a good size to get would be like a 180-220 amp alternator, but I don't really know much about alternators, lol. I'm just a noob trying to learn too.

yeah i know but the thing is is that i can't find an alternator for my car and i only want a small alternator thats 160-180 amps and i already talked to the guys at dc and they wanted $349 for just one 180 amp alternator!

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

with 1200 watts dont worry about the alternator. you probably wont even get too bad of voltage drop without a battery in the back

i don't seem to have much voltage drop as it is but i just wanna make sure that i can get a full 1200-1500 watts rms no problem.

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

i had a 110 amp alt with a yellow top and a bt-100 and 4 (2 power and 2 ground) with 2400 rms and i was still in the high 12's low 13 with drop

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

yeah i know but the thing is is that i can't find an alternator for my car and i only want a small alternator thats 160-180 amps and i already talked to the guys at dc and they wanted $349 for just one 180 amp alternator!

get used to it man. thats the price to pay for good quality equipment.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.