Sonic Electronix

well i had a lap of noob and fried my 3amp radioshack power supply witch was 10yrs old anyways so i need a new one and i was thinking what you guys think of the pyramid power supplys?

i kno i can get some from kinetik but i dont want to spend that much money, i just use mine to run my headunits and my federal signal 184 becon ray emergency light so it has to have a good amount of amps but not alot

here are my choices

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_22378_Pyramid_PSV300.aspx

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_22377_Pyramid_PSV200.aspx

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20099_Pyramid_PS15Kx.aspx

this wont be powering a huge sound board, but something to play with every once in a while,

im thinking about makeing a lil distplay for my headunits and speakers i got laying around but i dont kno how to make a switcher to run what ever speaker i want to from what ever deck so if anyone knows how to do this or kno of a place to get the stuff ied like to kno how, i got a couple pioneer headunits and a few sets of speakers, like 3&1/2's, 5&1/4's and some 6&1/2's and what knot, might even try and run it off my 600w sony 4ch and run my lil 8's in it as well but that will be a little while longer

i guess the questions is, are pyramid power supplys pritty efficent?

and what do you need to make a sound board work?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this is what i burnt up in my power supply, can i just replace it or could it be something else?

it was cracked and then it tripped the breaker on the supply and i reset it and this thing light up and smoke started comeing from it

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062615

would u try to fix it or being that its maby 10yrs or older should i just get a new one?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

You could just get a computer power supply from newegg.com for cheap and more amps. Bout 50 amps for a 50 dollar power supply.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

link?

i unno how many amps this one is or how to wire it for more amps, i guess like car batteries, i never done stuff like this befor with comp power supplys

would this one be sufice? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

for what im going to be useing it for all power will be going to a dist block and then to either switches or something i unno

i really want to make me a lil sound board in my room but i dont know how to wire it so each speaker can run on what ever cdplay it wants too or do i need to wire it all with disconnects so i have to manually hook it up?

lol this is gunna be a long project i think, i got the wood but i unno what to do, i hate to have to rewire all the speakers for it to work right

i kno it can get into some money but i guess the manual way will have to do for now i suppose

will that power supply work good for powering a deck and maby a 600w amp? the amp only does about 400w so i unno, it has 2 25amp fuses but all i guess it can do is around 600 but it will be wired at a high ohm tho, prolly bridge the rear output to 4ohm and run my 8's off of it or just 1 8 i got laying around or something i unno

i'm just looking for a cheap supply for a small project i guess

well i took a power supply out of one of my old comps and its doing ok for now, its only 100watts so it does good for what it is

i just wanna kno why it has a 5v rail thats like 10amps and the yellow is only 3amps or 2amps i think, i thought i could combine em but it cuts itself off so i just got all the yellows and blacks for my 12v

Between this site - http://www.antennex.com/preview/archive3/powers.htm and this site - http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Computer-ATX-Power-Supply-to-a-Lab-Power-Supply that is how I learned to turn a pc power supply into a 12v source. It takes a little bit to figure it out, but I was satisfied with it and I have done 3 of them so far, I just have a 300 watt one that will run my head unit and amp for my mids and highs in my car when I'm working on it. a 500 watt one or better would be a good one to use. good luck with your first one, if you get that to work then you'll know how to do a bigger one. For mine I used this - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103982 to connect it all up on the outside for being able to use 3.3v, 5v, and 12v. make sure you splice all of the black wires (except 1 for the turn-on) together and all of the yellow wires together to get the most of the power out of it!

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

well i took a power supply out of one of my old comps and its doing ok for now, its only 100watts so it does good for what it is

i just wanna kno why it has a 5v rail thats like 10amps and the yellow is only 3amps or 2amps i think, i thought i could combine em but it cuts itself off so i just got all the yellows and blacks for my 12v

only use yellow. the red's are 5v so dont use those. use ALL of the yellow wires that you can find that read 12v+ and equal amount of grounds that are adjacent to said yellow wires. that is pretty much the only way you can pull all current from that PSU.

Lower voltages have higher amperages because more stuff in the computer is ran off of the 3.3v and 5v than the 12v. They all have a common ground though, which is nice. usually you will see a sticker on the side of the psu that tells you what amperage is pushed through the lines for different voltage, that is more important than the psu's overall wattage do to what I just mentioned, if you are just going to use it as a 12v power supply. Once you build a good one though it kinda boggles your mind as to how some of these companies are charging so much for a lab power supply you can build that easily.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

im thinking about getting a 500w power supply or something of that sort and im gunna try and wire it so i can run leds off the 5v rail and 12v stuff off the 12v rail, now where do you get those sealed acid batteries like in jumper boxs so i can run it inline with it to help out the current flow, i have a couple jumper boxs that i use for parts but the battery wont hold a charge for longer than about 30min