Sonic Electronix

found it

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/3661254/reviews.htm

edit: from a review, "And leeking air can cause a woofer to move back and forth at an angle which can ruin the voice coil, damaging the woofer." LOL I DIDNT KNOW THIS

damn.

This product is no longer available

Actually surprised at what Wally world sells...Clarion? Crunch? When did this happen lol.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Lol i got thread jacked haha, but anyway i haven't really had any problems with this box besides port noise and im not THAT happy with the overall sound.

*EDIT* on like skrewed songs my system sound like crap, those real lows sound all muddy and what not.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

I've looked up the specs on my subs and all it gives me for specs is the Vas Fs And Fq or some crap, doesn't say anything about what kind of box is recommended, im debating on building a sealed box for my setup ( i listen to rock/techno/rap ), my system slaps with some good techno.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

it doesn't matter. its prefabbed.

While i generally agree... i was at Best Buy today buying a mini fridge and i saw a prefab Kicker box... It sounded pretty damn good. It had like an 8" precision port firing out the side.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

While i generally agree... i was at Best Buy today buying a mini fridge and i saw a prefab Kicker box... It sounded pretty damn good. It had like an 8" precision port firing out the side.

Well if its a kicker box + sub im sure they built the enclosure specific for the specs on that sub. Now if you were to stick a different brand of sub in that box would it still sound the same? Or stick that sub in a general store bought prefab box would it sound as good?

not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but i had 2 12" audiobahns in a really nice sealed enclosure and they sounded like poo, i ended up putting them in this old crappy bandpass box and DAMN it was a huge difference my back hatch on my geo flexed a ton.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

How long was the port? 8" port is going to need a fucking long ass length for 30-40hz tuning.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Would be awesome if i had a couple test boxes to throw my subs in to see what they sound the best in, I don't have the money to build like 4 boxes to test them out, trial and error isn't cheap lol and right now i can't afford that.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

got a friend who has a walmart DIY box...he said its generic but no doubt you could add braces, maybe some fiberglass to make it stronger. I like Prefabs as a frame box to customize upon. I always add braces and crap

Well if its a kicker box + sub im sure they built the enclosure specific for the specs on that sub. Now if you were to stick a different brand of sub in that box would it still sound the same? Or stick that sub in a general store bought prefab box would it sound as good?

not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but i had 2 12" audiobahns in a really nice sealed enclosure and they sounded like poo, i ended up putting them in this old crappy bandpass box and DAMN it was a huge difference my back hatch on my geo flexed a ton.

its easy to find prefabs that match the recommended enclosure specs for your subs. They make every size and tuning imaginable. I got a Q logic thats 1.25 ft3 @38 hz which is perfect match for the JLA W3v3 sub i had. I have another i customized for my kicker, but its 3.25 with sub displacement which happens to be the maximum recommended size for L7 vented straight from the kicker manual..it WAS orginally a dual bandpass box but i modified it to be dual ported instead. turned out extremely well so far, i'm even adding Cathode lights behind the plexi connected to trunk light so it turns on when i open the trunk, sub is at opposite side

Archived