Integrated subwoofer enclosure and equipment rack

I'm planning on building a small entertainment center for my dorm room with a sub enclosure built in, and I was wondering if the vibrations from the sub would damage my receiver or game console. The sub is a 12" Memphis (M3124) powered by a Dayton 240 plate amp, and the rack will house my Pioneer VSX 918 receiver as well as my roommates N64 and possibly an Xbox 360 in the future. Thanks in advance for the help, and sorry if this is a noobish question.

If you do decide to do this, i would suggest something to absorb the vibrations of the subwoofer, such as rubber washers under the ps3 or xbox or maybe like a thin layer of foam padding. So that doesnt vibrate the consoles to hell and break them. I have set my tv ontop of a 2 15 box and when bumping it almost knocked my tv over.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I might try to find some kind of foam that I can cut to fit on top of the shelves, that way it helps dampen some of the vibrations. I also picked up some height adjustable felt feet today from home depot that im gonna modify to be rubber on the bottom. I started the build today, I'll try to post some pics here in a minute.

IMG_0428.gif

IMG_0424.gif

The right side is where the adjustable shelving is gonna go to house my receiver, roommates N64, maybe DVD player or XBox 360 in the future

IMG_0425.jpg

Liquid nails inside the box to seal things up nice and tight

M3124WinISDgaingraph.gif

Gain graph of the box off of WinISD- 2.25 cu ft gross, tuned to 35 hz with a slot port

IMG_0247.jpg

The sub thats going in- Memphis 3124, SVC 4 ohm, 400 watt RMS

Looks nice so far, i thought doing the same thing when i had 2 15s making the shelves in the middle of the subs. But now just 1 sub. Thought it would look cool :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Alright, progress for today. I got the adjustable shelves mounted, top mounted, subwoofer hole cut, and plate amp hole cut. I also filled in all my screwholes with wood filler, since they were all countersunk, and I added some felt bottomed adjustable feet. Now I'm pretty much just waiting on my amp, which I ordered last night. On with the pics!

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg