Sonic Electronix

well think about it this way. a smaller box will yield more output generally since it will allow the woofer to handle more power, but on the downside some notes will be WAY louder than others.

if you run a bigger box, it wont be as loud but the notes will play more so at the same volume and wont be as "peaky" as a smaller box. downside would be that the woofer will handle a tad less power

depends what kinda power you putting on them rms or over rms or under rms, if your going rms or under rms i would go with the max box volume if your going over rms i would use a smaller box. also is this sealed or ported enclosure.

example: I run 2 8's rms 150 a piece, box volume .75-1 cube per sub but i'm running 2k watts to them so i built the box at 1.5 for both subs by the way these things pound for 8's.

Alpine 9886

Rockford mids and highs

MBQUART 4.125

2 xfl 15's

2 TRX2000.1's

Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back

depends what kinda power you putting on them rms or over rms or under rms, if your going rms or under rms i would go with the max box volume if your going over rms i would use a smaller box. also is this sealed or ported enclosure.

ported for sure. aero port hopefully lol. i just got cheap 55$ 12's.... what if i just go 1.5 cubes and tune it to 35hz?

go to youtube and type in "4 12" kenwood kfc w3011's on 2500 rms"

Archived