Sonic Electronix

I have a DD M1a.

This morning I was bored, so I pulled my 12 out of my HT sub box and tossed it into the box in my car. My gains had yet to be set, so I was planning on using the remote to tell me when I ran into clipping. Not the best way, but I figured it would be good enough. So I turned the gain on the amp all the way down, the remote all the way up, and put on a 0db sine wave I made in Audacity. I start turning the gain, and nothing's happening. Then I realize the master/slave switch is in the wrong position, so I put it in master, and tried again. At this point I'm getting sound, but the clip light still isn't coming on. Then I start hearing distortion, and I know that's not good. I turn the gain back down.

I pulled the remote out of the car, and use another telephone wire to connect it to the amp. The power light comes on, but the clip light does not.

So I figured I'd set it by ear, turn the gain down quite a bit from the audible distortion point, and hope for the best. So I set the knob back up in the car, and...nothing. The knob itself doesn't work. I go back to the trunk and connect it via the other cable, and the knob still doesn't work.

tl;dr

• the knob doesn't work
  • the power light lights up
  • the clip light doesn't light up
  • I tried switching cables.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

bibbity-bobbity-bump.

I'm going to be getting access to an oscope (or at the very least a decent DMM) so my gains should be set properly in the coming days/weeks.

I don't drive much, so even if it takes a week or two, that will only be an hour or two of driving time.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived