Sonic Electronix

Honestly, it could be a few things. Depending on the size of the amp, internal capacitors will discharge after remote wire loses voltage sending an audible bump to the subs.

Also, if the remote wire is on an ignition relay, the HU will turn off before the amp causing the HU cap discharge to be audible.

It could also be a discharge coming from your RCAs due to a bad internal ground. Unplug them and run the same test. If it doesn't happen, it may be the HU. Try grounding them out since there may be inaudible pops when doing things like ejecting a CD. You can test that by running digital silence and running the tests as well.

And in some cases, it could be amp grounds as well.

This bump is more of an annoyance than a problem. It's not unsafe for the subs unless it's progressively getting worse.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

oh yea i notice today after i turned my car off the bass control knob light was still on, i have a AQ1200D btw, it has done this before where i get out of my car at night and can see the blue light on the knob is still on for about 10 sec its kinda weird

Archived