Sonic Electronix

Speaker Popping and alot of engine noise

Hey guys, got a crescendo 1000c4 amp powering my 8 speakers, till i hear them pop once in a while when i turn them off. Just tonight, i noticed reallly loud engine noise coming from them followed by popping when i turn it on. The popping only happens when i turn it on, never when i turned it off, the engine noise is constant now. What do i need to do to fix this?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

There's a lot of different things that can cause this, there's an engine noise thread on here somewhere, you should look for it. Are your RCA's and power wire ran on the same side of your car? this cause me to have the same problem with popping and engine noise for a while.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

There's a lot of different things that can cause this, there's an engine noise thread on here somewhere, you should look for it. Are your RCA's and power wire ran on the same side of your car? this cause me to have the same problem with popping and engine noise for a while.

No the rcas are on the opposite side. I will check that thread, thanks for the reply

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

I saw you have a pioneer headunit. I think you may have blown the Pico fuse inside the head unit. This can happen if you disconnect or reconnect the RCA's while the head unit has power going to it. I have personally done it a few times. The only way to fix this is to ground the RCA's or get RCA's with ground built into them. I still have a bit of noise coming through mine. I've sent it off to pioneer for fixing and a friend of mine unplugged the RCA by mistake which blew the fuse when he reconnected before I could stop him.

I'd do some research on grounding your RCAs as it's a common problem with Pioneer. If I put in another headunit, the noise goes away all together. Just one of the HU's downsides. Great head unit otherwise. There's a few threads about it on here.

Hope this helps.

Here's some information from another website;

I've noticed a lot of people having issues with getting sudden alternator noise with their pioneer headunit. if you suddenly get alternator noise, you probably popped the microfuse inside the deck thanks to a poor ground. with a pioneer you MUST ground the chassis of the headunit to the chassis of your vehicle. same with the main ground. if you don't, you will pop that microfuse that's less than half the size of an eyelash. with this fuse popped the headunit tries to seek a ground through the rca's. this can wear out your speakers a lot faster than they should because of constant flutter. any authorized pioneer benchtech can fix this problem in less than an hour if he can get right to it. just taking a couple extra steps during the install will save a lot of headaches later on.

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..

Archived