Sundown Audio

Amp Testing Results

Loud Avalanche

Hello Everyone,

I have been asked to do some testing since i now own 3 of some of the best amps out there.The test consist of the Stetsom 14k2d, Soundigital 12k and the Cactus Sound Elite 12k.I own a 2007 chevy avalanche and my system is a groundpounder.My electrical is make up of 2 DC Power 350 amp alternators,8 Kinetik HC1800 amps connected with copper bus bars ,MLA module.All amps where tested using 2 DD Neo Z9518's in a 25 cft box 8 cft per sub with 260" port area tuned to 36 hz peaks 42 hz.impedance rise was around 3.2-3.4 total rise.

My starting impedence is 1 ohm Nominal

Stetsom 14k2d Total power was 6200 watts at 3.4 ohm i had to disconnect my MLA module because your limited to 14.7 v max on the 12v version. 14.2 v dropping 13.7 v.

Soundigital 12k Total power was 10300 watts at 3.2 ohms 15.4 v dropping to 15 v. with MLA module.

Cactus Sounds Elite 12k Total Power was 8200 watts at 3.28 ohms 15.4 dropping 15.1 v with MLA module.( this amp really want 16v to start with so if i could give it 16v the numbers would be better.

These are my results.Everyone might have different results dependent on there setup.Testing was done in the shade with the a/c running in the truck with about 10-15 minutes between runs.All amps where setup using my hand held o-scope to make sure all results where unclipped signals.My testing where done using fluke meters. Fluke 177 voltmeter and Fluke 337a.

Nice testing to see what it does! The only thing is different is the voltage each amp was seeing, but you can only do so much with an amp with the protection circuit !

I know SD will be my next purchase already :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

LMAO at stetsom. 1 hot and ground does 14k.... right..... good info my good sir

3.4 ohms at 13.7v and did 6200 is not that bad, if he could have kept it at 1 ohm i could see closer to 14k out of that amp

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

actually i went and looked on the website, the power at 4 ohms looks almost dead on, especially at 13.7 so i guess i can believe it would do 14k+

FEATURES 14K2 E

Number of Channels: 1

WRMS Power (1 ohm) to 13.8 V: 16.200 Watts

WRMS Power (2 ohms) to 13.8 V: 11.200 Watts

WRMS power (4 ohms) to 13.8 V: 5.300 Watts

WRMS Power (1 ohm) to 12.6 V: 14.200 Watts

WRMS Power (2 ohms) to 12.6 V: 8.050 Watts

WRMS power (4 ohms) to 12.6 V: 4.350 Watts

Team DC Audio

I'm posting just what I got from my current set up. If you could keep the amp close to 1 ohm I know you could get close to 14k. I have other teammates who also run the 14k. That's why there are different amps because not all amp will best in every situation.

Consumption with dash: 7,3 a 600A

Consumption with BASS Signal: 7,3 a 1200A

What is the difference? Dash and BASS Signal?

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Archived