Sonic Electronix

Subwoofers, Amps, Alternators, Batteries, Etc.

Hey there,

So I've asked a few questions about some alternators, subs, amps, etc. but I am still a little bit confused. I have read on this forum for a good time now, but I still have some questions. I am going to get 2 Fi BL's fully stocked running on a Soundstream TX12600D amp. People told me I need an alternator.. Which I totally do not want to buy. Like, I really do not want to purchase one and install it. Is there ANY, and when I say ANY, I mean ANY other way I could use this set-up without purchasing an alternator. Like extra batteries? My friend has 2 15's running 2.6k watts, and he has had them for a year and a half now, no alternator, no batteries, just subs and amp, and it slaps and is still running fine. Can I do that with these subs and amp? I know there are some risks, but whats the WORST outcome of not having an alternator and batteries? Thank you.

-Jin

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

It is not required to upgrade the alternator...just one of the best ways to create stable voltage. You can if you desire create a large battery bank but realize a stock alternator won't charge too well, and it can be more work and more expensive to go that route. Why are you opposed to an upgraded alternator?

And I am really sketch about your friends system pulling 2600watts on stock electrical with no issues. I am guessing he really isn't pulling the rated power. Understand...amps don't create power out of air and fart, takes power to make power

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well, I am 15 years old, about to get my first car. And I know you guys are probably thinking, "Typical Teenager that doesn't know what hes doing". Haha well, its true. But I love bass and music, and getting 1,000$ for the subs + amp is already hard enough, so I really have no desire to try and get another 300$ to get an alternator. So, money is an issue, and just having it installed and all that is just, difficult for me. If I have those 2 Fi bl's in a Honda Accord, running on THAT amp, will it last ? I mean, sure everybody has a risk of the sub blowing, or the amp overheating and dying, but I mean, will it last with a stock alternator?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

that amp is rated for 2kw at 1 ohm, 250amp fuse so it sounds legit. 2600 at .5 though but i dont recommend that.

you should be ok but just watch the voltage. im running a 1600rms amplifier and a 200rms amplifier and i drop down to the low 12's (70 amp alt stock) easily but im OCD about voltage so yesterday i ordered a 165 amp alt. should be here soon.

that amp is rated for 2kw at 1 ohm, 250amp fuse so it sounds legit. 2600 at .5 though but i dont recommend that.

you should be ok but just watch the voltage. im running a 1600rms amplifier and a 200rms amplifier and i drop down to the low 12's (70 amp alt stock) easily but im OCD about voltage so yesterday i ordered a 165 amp alt. should be here soon.

Okay wait what? Haha, honestly, all I understood in that was it sounds legit which is a good thing. But what do you mean "2600 at .5 though but I dont recommend that". Does that mean, I get those 2 Fi BL's running that same amp or get a different amp? haha, sorry and thank you :)

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD